Have you been a fan of K-pop or anime and tried learning Korean or Japanese as a result? You may have used Duolingo to study one of these languages. However, if you have lost interest or are interested in learning a new language, deleting a language from the app is a simple process. In this guide, we will show you how to delete a language on Duolingo. So, keep reading!
How Do You Delete A Language On Duolingo
Duolingo is a popular app among language enthusiasts, offering instruction in vocabulary and grammar for various languages through reading, speaking, listening, and writing exercises. Currently, the app provides lessons in 38 languages. If you have already learned one dialect and are interested in another, deleting the lingo from the app will be of great help. Learn about removing a language from Duolingo in detail below.
To delete a language on Duolingo, follow these steps:
1. Open your profile in the Duolingo app and tap on the settings icon.
2. Select MANAGE COURSES.
3. Now, tap on REMOVE next to the language you want to delete.
Can you Delete a Language on Duolingo?
Yes, you can delete a language on Duolingo app or web version. If you delete a language on the Duolingo app, it will get synchronized and reflect on the web version of that Duolingo account. When you delete a language, all the progress will be deleted, and this process is irreversible. If you want to continue that language, then you have to start courses from beginning.
The following are consequences of removing or deleting a language:
- Will lose streak
- No longer show on your profile
- Will lose earned XPs
- Will lose all progress
When do you have to Delete a Language on Duolingo?
Well, most of us don’t feel like removing a language but some circumstances push us to do so. Some of them are:
- If you have left the progress of the course long back and want to continue learning, you can remove it and start from the beginning. This will help you give a fresh start.
- There are chances that the app’s algorithm puts you at a level higher than your capacity. In this case, the course will be tough for you.
- If you are learning more languages at the same time and want to clear a few, you can remove a language.
Also Read: How to Cancel Duolingo Plus
How do you Delete a Language in Duolingo Android?
Deleting a language in Duolingo app is a simple process. Follow the below steps to delete a language Duolingo:
1. Launch the Duolingo app on your Android device.
2. Open your profile on the app and tap on the settings icon at the top right corner.
3. Swipe down and tap on MANAGE COURSES.
4. Tap on REMOVE next to the language you want to delete. Here, we have chosen Japanese.
5. Tap on REMOVE in the pop-up.
Also Read: How to Delete Duolingo Account
How to Delete a Language in Duolingo Web?
A language can be easily removed from the web version of Duolingo. Follow the below steps on how do you delete a language on Duolingo:
1. Go to the Duolingo page on a browser.
2. Click on I ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT and login to your account.
3. Click on PROFILE in the left pane and select EDIT PROFILE.
4. Select Manage Courses from the menu and click on REMOVE next to the language you want to delete. Here, we have chosen Korean.
5. Finally, click on REMOVE in the prompt to delete that language.
We trust that this article has provided you with a clear understanding of how do you delete a language on Duolingo. If you have any questions or recommendations, please share them in the comment section below.