Microsoft Outlook is a popular email client that many people and businesses use to manage their email communication. Regardless of how useful Outlook is, there may be times when it fails to function properly or crashes frequently. In such cases, it is better to uninstall and reinstall Outlook as it is a recommended solution to get rid of the problems you are facing. In this article, you will learn the process of removing the software from your computer and installing it again.
How Do I Uninstall and Reinstall Outlook
The process to uninstall and reinstall the Outlook app on your PC or laptop is not rocket science. You just need your computer with you while someone guides you along the way to get this method done. You certainly cannot delete the Outlook program separately from Microsoft Office, but there is a solution to achieve our objective. You’ll find it sooner as you go on reading this article further.
The process for uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook can vary slightly depending on your operating system and version of Outlook. Here are some general steps to guide you through the process:
1. Close Outlook if it is open and click on the Start menu and select Settings.
2. Click on Apps & features and then select Microsoft Outlook from the list of installed apps.
3. Click on Uninstall and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
4. Visit the Microsoft website and download the latest version of Outlook.
5. Double-click on the downloaded file to begin the installation process and follow the on-screen prompts to install Outlook.
What Happens If I Uninstall Outlook and Reinstall?
Uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook can have different effects depending on the circumstances.
Note: It is important to back up any critical data before proceeding with the uninstallation.
- If you have issues with the current installation, a clean reinstall may resolve those problems.
- Reinstallation will result in getting the latest version of Outlook with newly released features without previously found bugs or glitches.
Also Read: What Happens When I Delete iCloud Backup?
How Do I Uninstall and Reinstall Outlook 365
Following are the steps to uninstall and reinstall Outlook along with Microsoft Office or Microsoft 365:
1. First, close Outlook and other Microsoft applications on your PC or laptop.
2. Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously on your keyboard to open the Run dialog window.
3. Enter the appwiz.cpl run command shortcut in the given field and click on OK to open the Programs and Features window.
4. Locate and right-click on Microsoft Office or Microsoft 365 from the list of installed programs.
5. Click on Uninstall and follow the onscreen prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
6. Now, to reinstall Outlook with Microsoft Office on your computer, you can download and reinstall it from your originally purchased software from your Microsoft Office Services & subscriptions section.
What Happens If I Uninstall Microsoft Outlook?
If you uninstall Microsoft Outlook, you will automatically lose access to the program and its features, and the related custom program settings will get reset. This means that you won’t be able to send or receive emails, manage your calendar, or perform any other tasks associated with the application.
Note: It’s always recommended that you back up your data before uninstalling any application to avoid the sudden loss of important information.
How Do I Repair Outlook or Reinstall It?
To repair and reinstall Outlook, you will have to repair and reinstall Microsoft Office as Outlook is part of Microsoft Office. Let’s see how to do that:
Note: Close the Outlook program on your computer before performing the steps to repair and reinstall Outlook.
Option I: Repair Microsoft Office
1. Press the Windows key on your PC or laptop.
2. Enter Control Panel in the search bar and click on Open.
3. Then, set View by as Category. Locate and click on the Uninstall a program option under Programs, as shown below.
4. Locate and right-click on the Microsoft Office program.
5. Then, click on Change.
6. Provide the system permission.
7. Select the Quick Repair or Online Repair radio button, as your preference.
8. Finally, click on Repair to start the process.
Now, let’s see how to uninstall and reinstall Outlook on your computer.
Option II: Reinstall Microsoft Office
Note: If you have a Microsoft 365 subscription, you can also install Outlook through the Microsoft 365 portal by signing in with your account information and selecting Install Office or Install Outlook from the dashboard.
1. Hit the Windows + I keys together to launch Windows Settings.
2. Click on the Apps tile, as shown.
3. In the Apps & features tab, search for the Microsoft Office app.
4. Then, select the Microsoft Office app and click on the Uninstall option.
5. Next, click on Uninstall from the confirmation prompt.
6. Restart the PC after uninstalling Microsoft Office.
7. Once you have uninstalled the MS Office application, to reinstall it back, visit the Microsoft Account webpage and click on the Sign In option.
8. Enter your MS account credentials and click on Next to proceed with the login process.
9. Select the Services & subscriptions option from the top menu bar, as shown in the illustration below. This page opens all your registered Office apps.
10. Under the Products you’ve purchased section, click on the Install option for the Microsoft Office product you want to reinstall.
11. Then, double-click on the downloaded setup file to run and install it.
12. After installation, open Outlook and Sign in to your account.
It is how you can uninstall and reinstall Outlook.
Also Read: How to Delete Outlook Account
Will I Lose Data If I Reinstall Outlook?
No, if you reinstall Outlook, you will not lose any of your data.
However, if you have changed the settings to some custom options, those custom settings will get reset to default. So, after reinstallation, you will have to remodify the settings to achieve the modification you made earlier. Other than this, your Outlook and other MS Office applications will retain all your data.
Does Uninstalling Outlook Delete Files?
No, uninstalling Outlook does not delete emails. Removing the MS Office from your computer will not delete any of the MS Office apps’ saved files and data. Only the custom setting will be lost.
Does Uninstalling Outlook Delete Profiles?
No, uninstalling Outlook does not delete profiles by default. You will have to explicitly delete the desired Outlook profile or account.
- How to Delete a TikTok Story
- 20 Best Free Music Editor Online
- How to Recover Deleted Draft in Outlook 365
- How to Install and Use Teams Add in for Outlook
We hope you have grasped the steps on how do I uninstall and reinstall Outlook with these detailed instructions at your aid. If you have any questions or suggestions, please drop them in the comments section below for us to know. Your feedback and queries are valuable, and we encourage you to share what you want to learn about in our next article.