Facebook events provide an easy way to organize gatherings, invite friends, and stay updated. However, you may decide to keep your response a secret if you prefer not to let all your friends know that you’re interested in an event. This might be to maintain privacy, control who sees your attendance, or reduce social pressure. So, let’s understand the process of how to edit and hide responses to someone’s Facebook event.
How Do I Hide Responses to a Facebook Event
Event responses on Facebook refer to the actions taken by individuals who have been invited to a particular event. When a user receives an invitation to an event on Facebook, they have the option to respond to the invitation by indicating their attendance status. There are typically three types of event responses available:
- Going: This response indicates that the person plans to attend the event.
- Interested: The Interested response is for individuals who are intrigued by the event but have not yet made a final decision to attend.
- Not Going: When someone chooses the Not Going option, it means they will not be attending the event. This response helps event organizers estimate the number of attendees and plan accordingly.
Moreover, the privacy settings of an event impact who can view your interest or attendance.
- In a public event, only friends and hosts can access your status, visible in a Feed post, notification, event page, or profile’s Events section.
- In a private event, all invited guests can see your attendance, while uninvited individuals cannot access specifics such as attendees, event descriptions, conversations, images, or videos.
If you wish to maintain privacy and control over your Facebook event responses, hiding them is an easy and effective method. This article will guide you through the process of effectively hiding responses to a Facebook event.
Note: You can only hide your response when the event is Public, and your response will be still visible to the event’s host.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Tap on the Hamburger menu icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the Events option.
4. Then, tap on the Calendar icon from the top.
5. Tap on your original response (e.g., Maybe, Going) from the target event.
6. Choose the Visible to the hosts and Friends option from the menu.
7. To hide your response, select the Only me radio button.
After selecting the mentioned privacy settings, changes will be applied to the event.
Also Read: How to Make a Baby Shower Page on Facebook
How Do I Edit an Event Response on Facebook?
You can edit your Facebook event response by following the steps mentioned above. You can select a new response option from the dropdown menu (e.g., “Going,” “Interested,” or “Not Going”), and it will get updated accordingly.
Can I See Who Has Viewed My Event on Facebook?
No, Facebook does not provide a feature that allows event creators to see who has viewed their event. Event creators and hosts can only view attendees who have received invitations, seen them, and responded to the event.
After understanding how to hide responses to a Facebook event, you can conceal your responses to a specific event for reasons of privacy or control. Feel free to leave your queries or suggestions in the comment section below. Stay connected with our website for more useful guides!