GoFundMe has become one of the most popular crowdfunding platforms in the world, allowing individuals and organizations to raise funds for a wide range of causes. So, it is important to know the process of taking out funds from the platform. In this article, we’ll discuss how can we withdraw funds from GoFundMe and answer some common questions that fundraisers might have.
Table of Contents
How Can We Withdraw Funds from GoFundMe
If you’re using GoFundMe to raise money for a project or cause, it’s important to know how to withdraw the donations you’ve collected. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the simple steps to access and withdraw your funds from your GoFundMe account.
Follow these steps to withdraw funds from your GoFundMe account:
1. Sign in to your GoFundMe account.
2. From your dashboard, click on the Withdraw button.
3. Select the withdrawal method that suits you. Options may include a bank transfer or a prepaid debit card.
4. Provide the necessary information for the selected withdrawal method, such as bank account details or card information.
5. Enter the amount you wish to withdraw.
Note: Keep in mind that there may be minimum withdrawal requirements or transaction fees.
Also Read: How Do I Reactivate My GoFundMe Account
How Much Does It Cost to Withdraw Money from GoFundMe?
The good news is that GoFundMe does not charge any fee to withdraw your funds. Once you have raised money through your GoFundMe campaign, you can withdraw the funds to your bank account free of charge.
However, it is important to note that there may be other fees associated with using GoFundMe, such as platform fees and payment processing fees. These fees vary depending on the specifics of your campaign, so it’s important to read the fine print and understand the costs involved before launching your fundraiser.
Do You Get Money from GoFundMe If You Don’t Reach Your Goal?
Yes, even if you did not reach your goal, you can get money from GoFundMe. One of the great things about GoFundMe is that you get to keep any money that you raise, even if you don’t reach your fundraising goal.
Unlike some other crowdfunding platforms, GoFundMe does not have an all or nothing funding model, which means that you can still access the funds that you raise even if you fall short of your target. Of course, it’s always a good idea to set a realistic fundraising goal that you think you can achieve, but it’s nice to know that you won’t be penalized for falling short.
Also Read: How to Change GoFundMe Minimum Donation
What Information Do You Need to Withdraw Money From GoFundMe?
Before you can withdraw money from your GoFundMe campaign, you will need to provide some basic information about yourself and your bank account. Here’s what you’ll need to provide:
- Your legal name: GoFundMe requires that you provide your full legal name so that they can verify your identity and ensure that you are authorized to withdraw funds from your campaign.
- Your email address: GoFundMe uses your email address to communicate with you about your campaign, so it’s important to provide an email address that you check regularly.
- Your bank account information: In order to withdraw funds from your GoFundMe campaign, you will need to provide your bank account information, including your account number and routing number. This information is kept secure and confidential, and is only used to process your withdrawal requests.
- Your home address: GoFundMe requires that you provide your home address so that they can verify your identity and ensure that you are authorized to withdraw funds from your campaign.
Once you have provided this information, you will be able to withdraw funds from GoFundMe campaign at any time.
We hope this guide has been helpful in explaining how can we withdraw funds from GoFundMe. With these instructions, you should now have a better understanding of how to access your collected funds. If you have any queries or suggestions, please drop them in the comments section below.