With the rapid revolution in communication, unwanted calls and text messages have become increasingly common. Therefore, it is important to know how to check a phone number for spam to avoid scams and ensure a seamless communication. Whether you are receiving suspicious calls, promotional messages or simply seeking to safeguard your privacy, continue reading this article for helpful information.
Table of Contents
How Can I Check a Phone Number for Spam
Getting frequent spam calls can be really annoying and disrupt your day. It’s important to stay alert and protect yourself from potential fraud. In this article, we’ll show you how to check for spam calls on your phone. So, keep reading!
Are Spam Calls Illegal?
No. Not all robocalls are illegal. Under certain conditions, spam calls are prohibited. Under the Telemarketing Sales Rule of the Federal Trade Commission, US marketers are not allowed to call individuals who opted out or joined the national do not call list.
Can Spam Calls be Traced?
Yes, it is possible to trace spam calls, but it can be difficult, as it may necessitate the use of specialized software or the assistance of law enforcement.
Method 1: Use Caller-ID and Spam Blocking Software
The most basic way to check a phone number for spam is by using a caller ID.
1. Install the Truecaller app on your device.
2. Next, tap on the three-dot icon in the top-right corner and go to the Settings option.
3. Finally, tap on Caller ID and
4. Tap the Enable button to provide the necessary app permissions for incoming call alerts.
Also Read: Find Out How Truecaller Identifies Names
Method 2: Inspect Incoming Call Details
To verify the authenticity of an incoming call, it is important to examine details such as the caller’s phone number, name, and location. Almost all smartphones come equipped with caller ID and spam-filtering tools, which enable you to screen incoming calls and prevent spam interruptions. This is another hack to check spam calls.
How Do You Check if a Number is Real
To check if a phone number is real, there are several methods you can use.
- Dialing the phone number and checking for a connection is a straightforward way. If the phone number is disconnected, it is most likely false.
- You could also try searching for the phone number on Google to verify its association with a credible company or individual.
- To verify the legitimacy of a phone number, you can utilize a phone verification tool or a reverse phone lookup service.
- You can also use WolframAlpha to check the validity of a phone number.
Also Read: 15 Best Caller Id App For Android
How Do I Stop Spam Calls
To stop spam calls, you can take the following steps:
- Register your phone number on the National Do Not Call list by calling 1-888-382-1222 or visiting National Do Not Call Registry website.
- Talk to your phone company about call-blocking tools.
- Use the built-in security tools on your smartphone to block calls from known scammers or telemarketers.
- Use carrier tools to help avoid spam calls.
- Use third-party apps to block suspected unwanted calls.
Following these ways, you can potentially stop spam calls from connecting.
Protect yourself from phone spam in today’s digital age by following our guide on how to check a phone number for spam. Always maintain a sense of caution and vigilance in regard to unfamiliar phone numbers and stay current on the latest spam detection methods. Additionally, if there is anything else you need to know, please feel free to leave your questions in the comment section below.