Grand Theft Auto 5 is an exciting game with a big online world to explore. However, like any game, GTA 5 can sometimes have minor setbacks, such as the 0xc00007b error code. Windows 10 users often encounter this error more than console players because PCs have different setups and maintenance. But don’t worry! In the guide below we have covered methods to help you fix this issue. So, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
How to Fix GTA 5 Error Code 0xc00007b on Windows 10
Don’t worry if you’re experiencing the annoying GTA 5 Error Code 0xc00007b on your Windows 10 computer. We’re here to help you resolve this problem and return to the thrilling world of Grand Theft Auto 5. Welcome uninterrupted gaming sessions back by following a few easy steps outlined in this article below.
To fix GTA 5 error code 0xc00007b on your Windows 10 PC, follow these steps:
1. Right-click on game launcher icon and select Properties.
2. Open the Compatibility tab and click on Run in Compatibility mode.
3. Select a suitable version of Windows, click Apply, and then OK.
What Does Error Code 0xc00007b Mean in GTA 5?
The error code 0xc000007b means that the Rockstar Games Launcher didn’t install properly on your computer. This can happen because of conflicts with the security settings on your Windows operating system.
Causes of GTA 5 Error Code 0xc00007b
There are some common reasons why GTA 5 error code 0xc00007b Windows 10 occurs. These common culprits are stated below:
- Application-related Issues
- System Compatibility Problems
- Outdated Graphics Driver
- Corrupt Visual C++ Runtime Packages
We have discussed some fixes below that will help you to resolve error code 0xc000007b in GTA 5.
Method 1: Run Game as Administrator
The admin privileges help the user to get full access and permission for those files that may cause the error code 0xc000007b in GTA 5. For getting access follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Right-click on the Game launcher or the shortcut file located on the Desktop.
2. Click on the option Open file location.
3. Go to the original file location and find the main launcher file and then again right-click on it.
4. Choose Properties from the list.
5. Click on the Compatibility tab.
6. Once you click on the Compatibility tab, find the Run this program as an administrator checkbox and tick it. Select Apply and then proceed with OK.
Also Read: Fix GTA 5 Crashing on Startup in Windows 10
Method 2: Run Game in Compatibility Mode
The next way to fix GTA 5 error code 0xc00007b Windows 10 involves running the application on some other version of Windows via Compatibility mode. Despite being the older version of Windows OS some programs can run on other versions of Windows. This will solve the compatibility issue and this might resolve the error code. Follow the steps mentioned below for this:
1. Right-click on the Launcher icon of the application and select the Properties option.
2. Now, select the Compatibility tab and click on Run in Compatibility mode.
Note: Once you click on the drop-down list, you will find different versions of Windows and you can select the one according to your preference.
3. Finally, click on the Apply button and then OK to save the changes.
Go and launch the application to check whether the error code still appears or not.
Method 3: Update Graphics Driver
Graphics cards need frequent and regular updates just like any other hardware. And if you fail to update the graphics card then there are chances of multiple flaws that might occur in your system like the GTA 5 error code 0xc00007b Windows 10. To do so read out our guide on How to Update Graphic Drivers on Windows 10.
Method 4: Check Hard Disk for Errors
Hard Drives are considered important hubs for storage for the application installed in your system. But if the game is present on a hard drive that has been corrupted then the GTA 5 error code 0xc00007b Windows 10. You can follow the steps given below to Check the hard disk for errors.
1. Go to the Drive where the game is installed.
2. On the icon of the Drive, right-click and from the drop-down list select the Properties tab.
3. After selecting the Properties tab open the Tools tab.
4. Now, in the error checking segment tap the Check box.
Finally, automatic error detection in the drive will start.
If the error is related to the hard drive, then there will be an option to repair this issue. This is the easiest way to repair and resolve the issue.
Also Read: How To Get GTA Shark Card For Free
Method 5: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable
If you’ve tried the above solution and it was not successful for you in solving the error then you can reinstall the Visual C++ packages. Just like other components the Visual C++ runtime packages get corrupted over time and thus, they become a major reason for slowing down your device. Read out our guide to reinstalling Visual C++ runtime package to fix GTA 5 error code 0xc00007b Windows 10.
Method 6: Reinstall GTA 5
If the GTA 5 error code 0xc00007b Windows 10 has not been fixed even after trying the above-mentioned fixes then you are only left with one option and that reinstalling the entire game.
Reinstalling the game is the easiest fix for any issue because it is effective by all means and thus it ensures to rectify all the errors that may occur in the internal files or the installation files. The reinstallation process removes all the corrupted files and unnecessary cache. You can follow the steps mentioned below to reinstall your game.
1. Click on the start menu and in the search bar type Control Panel and click on Open.
2. Select the programs option and then click on the Uninstall a program option.
3. A list will flash on the screen and from this list right click on the GTA V and select Uninstall.
4. Let the process get completed and then Restart your PC.
You may now either re-download the complete game or, if you already have a downloaded copy, install it from there.
We hope by now you have got a clear idea of GTA 5 error code 0xc00007b on Windows 10 and how to troubleshoot it. If you have any queries, then you can ask by using the comment section below.