If you’re facing the green screen issue while playing a video on YouTube, it is most likely caused by GPU Rendering. It is a feature that makes it possible to use your graphics card for rendering instead of using CPU resources. All modern browsers offer an option for enabling it or might even be enabled by default. However, the problem arises when GPU Rendering becomes incompatible with system hardware and causes YouTube green screen video while streaming or during playback.
Fix YouTube Green Screen Video Playback
The main reason for this incompatibility can be corrupt or outdated graphic drivers, outdated flash player and of course, GPU rendering. So let us fix all of these, one-by-one.
Method 1: Disable GPU Rendering in Web Browser
Disable GPU Rendering for Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome then click on the three dots on the top right corner.
2. From the menu, click on Settings.
3. Scroll down, then click on Advanced to see the advanced settings.
4. Now Under System turn off or disable the toggle for “Use hardware acceleration when available”.
5. Restart Chrome then types chrome://gpu/ in the address bar and hit Enter.
6.This will display if hardware acceleration (GPU Rendering) is disabled or not.
Disable GPU Rendering for Internet Explorer
1. Press Windows Key + R then type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter to open Internet Properties.
2. Switch to Advanced tab then under Accelerated graphics checkmark “Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering*“.
3. Click Apply, followed by OK.
4. Reboot your PC to save changes and see if you’re able to Fix YouTube Green Screen Video Playback Issue..
Method 2: Switch to Different Web Browser
If despite disabling GPU rendering in your default/preferred web browser, an issue pops up, switch to a different one. For example, if you use Google Chrome, you can try Mozilla Firefox.
You can also try clearing cache & cookies in
Method 3: Update Graphics Card Drivers
1. Press Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and hit enter to open Device Manager.
2. Next, expand Display adapters and right-click on your Nvidia Graphic Card and select Enable.
3. Once you have done this again, right-click on your graphic card and select “Update Driver Software.”
4. Select “Search automatically for updated driver software” and let it finish the process.
5. If the above step could fix your problem, then very good, if not then continue.
6. Again select “Update Driver Software” but this time on the next screen select “Browse my computer for driver software.”
7. Now select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.”
8. Finally, select the compatible driver from your Nvidia Graphic Card list and click Next.
9. Let the above process finish and restart your PC to save changes.
Method 4: Update Graphics Card Drivers
If you still face this issue, reinstall graphic drivers on Windows 10 as explained.
1. In Device Manager, right-click on your graphic card and select Uninstall device as depicted below.
2. A warning prompt will be displayed on the screen. Check the box marked Delete the driver software for this device and click Uninstall.
3 Visit the manufacturer’s website to manually download the driver as per system specifications. For example, Intel
Recommended:Fix YouTube Audio Renderer Error in Windows 10
That’s it you have successfully Fix YouTube Green Screen Video Playback but if you still have any questions regarding this guide then feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.