What happens if you go to system and find out that taskbar is missing or taskbar disappeared from the Desktop? Now, how will you choose the program? What could be the likely reason for disappearance? How to bring back the taskbar? In this article, we are going to answer your queries and solve this issue for different versions of Windows operating systems.
Fix TaskBar Missing or Disappeared from Windows 10 Desktop
Firstly, let’s understand the reason behind the missing taskbar.
- If the taskbar is set to auto-hide and it is not visible anymore.
- There is a case when “explorer.exe” process might have crashed.
- The taskbar may get out of the visible area due to change in screen display size.
Note: Make sure to create a system restore point just in case something goes wrong.
Method 1: Unhide the taskbar
If the taskbar is just hidden and not missing, then when you hover your mouse to the bottom of the screen it will appear at the bottom or move the mouse cursor to your taskbar (where it was placed before), it will be visible. If the taskbar is visible by placing the cursor, then it means that the taskbar is in a hidden mode.
1. To unhide the taskbar, just to the control panel and click on “Taskbar and Navigation”.
Note: You could also open Taskbar settings by just right-clicking on the taskbar (if you’re able to make it visible) then select Taskbar settings.
2. Now in the taskbar properties window, turn off the toggle for “Auto-hide the taskbar”.
Also Read: Fix Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Missing
Method 2: Restart Windows Explorer
If the first method not working, then we must restart the “Explorer.exe”. It is one of the most potent reasons behind missing taskbar as Explorer.exe is the process which controls the desktop and taskbar in the window.
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together to launch the Task Manager.
2. Find explorer.exe in the list then right-click on it and select End Task.
3. Now, this will close the Explorer and to rerun it, click File > Run new task.
4. Type explorer.exe and hit OK to restart the Explorer.
5. Exit Task Manager and this should Fix Taskbar Disappeared from the Desktop Issue.
Also Read: Fix Taskbar Right Click Not Working
Method 3: Screen Display of System
If the last two methods don’t get back the taskbar, you should check the display of your system.
I1. n the main window screen, press the Window key + P, this will open the Display Setting.
Note: If you are using Window 8 or Windows 10, a pop-over will appear on the screen’s right side.
2. Here, select “PC Screen only” option, if the option is not already selected.
Note: In Windows 7, the “Computer Only” option would be present, select that option.
Method 4: Disable Tablet Mode
In case, intentionally or accidentally tablet mode had been enabled earlier, its best to disable it now to fix taskbar missing or disappeared issue.
1. Press Windows Key + I to open Settings then click on System.
2. From the left-hand menu, make sure to select Tablet mode.
3. Make sure to select the following options to disable Tablet mode on Windows:
4. Reboot your PC to save changes.
Recommended: Fix HDMI Sound Not Working in Windows 10
We hope the above steps were able to help you Fix Taskbar Disappeared from the Desktop but if you still have any questions regarding this guide then feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.