The installation process is necessary knowledge for anyone who needs to download any application in your system. To set up this downloaded application or program, you need an installer. Every app or software comes with its own specific installer. But are you facing the NSIS error launching installer? Then you are at the right place. This article on how to solve the NSIS error launching installer will help you. Try out all the compiled methods given below until you get a fix.
How to Fix NSIS Error Launching Installer in Windows 10
To understand the context behind the error launching installer in Windows 10 encounter, check out the reasons listed below to comprehend why the error occurs.
- The setup file might not be downloaded completely.
- If the completely downloaded file gets altered from its original form.
- Presence of malicious threat in your system.
- Hardware malfunction.
- Issues with the Internet connection.
- Conflicting with background applications.
- Corrupt system files.
An NSIS or Nullsoft Scriptable Install System is an installer authoring tool that enables you to create an installer. Additionally, they allow you to extract files and uninstall the software from your computer. If the error NSIS error launching installer occurs while trying to install a downloaded setup file. The good news here is that the error pops up mainly as a preventive action that stops the installation process. Try the methods below to resolve the error launching installer on Windows 10.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Before trying out the advanced methods, try these basic methods at first to resolve the issue easily.
- Long filename, presence of special character, space, and other attributes fail to launch the installer. In this case, you can simply rename the installer. Try and name it one word and ensure not to have any special character, numbers, or space while renaming the file.
- Sometimes, the NSIS error popup if there are any folder issues during the installation run. Therefore, copy and paste the installer file to another location.
- An unstable Internet connection disrupts the downloading process, which sometimes leads to corruption. To resolve this kind of problem is to delete all the old and existing installer files and re-download the installer in fresh again with a proper Internet connection.
- Ensure that you download the installer from a reliable source only. If you face any issues in downloading, try downloading the installer file from any other reliable source.
- Check whether the issue lies in the installer file by downloading it in another device. If the issue persists with the file, then download it from another source. If you are able to download the installer file in another system, try any of the below methods to fix the same.
Method 1: End Background Applications
It is normal for third-party applications to interfere and create a conflicting atmosphere in Windows. This troubleshooting method could really work out in your favor and find the culprit if any third-party program is behind the hindrance. Read our guide on How to End Task in Windows 10 to do the same.
Restart your PC for changes to be effective. Once done, check if the NSIS error launching installer is fixed.
Method 2: Run Program in Compatibility Mode
If the program is set to run via an older version of the OS, this method forces it. Follow the steps given below and run the program in compatibility mode.
1. Right-click on the Installer file (e.g. Evernote) and select Properties.
2. Switch to the Compatibility tab.
3. Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box under Compatibility mode section.
4. Then, select the drop-down and choose an older version of the OS you need to run this program.
5. Once done, click Apply and then OK to save the changes made.
6. Then, relaunch the installer file.
Also Read: How to Fix Access is Denied Windows 10
Method 3: Update Windows
For installing any application, it is mandatory to check if its requirements are satisfied in your system. Sometimes outdated apps require an older version of Windows, while some need Windows to be up-to-date. Therefore, ensure the requirements of respective programs, especially those facing the error launching installer windows 10 issue. Then, launch and install it. Read our guide on How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update to know more about the Windows Update Process.
Method 4: Run Malware Scan
It is not unusual for a virus or malware infection to corrupt your system as they are well-known for causing concern. Doing a virus scan via an anti-virus or anti-malware application enables you to find a method on how to solve the NSIS error launching installer. To check if there is any virus present, it is recommended to check our guide on How to Run a Virus Scan.
If any threat is found, it is necessary to get rid of it. To remove such malware, read our guide on How to Remove Malware from your PC in Windows 10.
Also Read: How to Fix Windows Update Error 80072ee2
Method 5: Run Disk Utility
If there is a defect in physical media, it might have caused the error in NSIS. This issue has nothing to worry about as it can easily be fixed via some in-built tools present in your operating system. Follow the instruction to find and repair such issues.
1. Press Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
2. Right-click on the Disk drive partition you need to check and click on Properties.
3. On the Properties window, switch to the Tools tab and click on the Check button under the Error checking section.
4. Now, click on Scan drive or Scan and repair drive in the next window to continue.
5A. If everything is fine, then close the properties window.
5B. If there are any issues, follow the following method to repair system files.
Method 6: Repair System Files
Sometimes, a few of your system files can be corrupt, like malware attacks, improper shutdown, incomplete Windows update installations, etc. These corrupt files may interfere with launching the installer file. Hence, if you face this error, you are advised to repair these corrupt files using inbuilt repair tools like SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management). Read our guide on How to Repair System Files on Windows 10 and follow the steps as instructed to repair all your corrupt files. In this way you can solve NSIS error launching installer.
Method 7: Install Program via Command Prompt
The first thing you need to do to install a program is double-click the setup file downloaded and launch it. If the launch fails, you can use the Command Prompt and fix this issue. To do so, please follow the steps given below.
1. Find the installer path in the File Explorer.
2. Once opened the path, minimize the window.
3. Hit the Windows key, type command prompt, and click on Run as administrator.
4. Now, drag the installer setup file (e.g. Evernote) and drop it in the Command Prompt console.
5. Once dropped, you will find the installer file path on the display screen. Press the Space key after the storage path, type /ncrc, and hit Enter key.
6. Now, follow the on-screen instructions to install the application.
Method 8: Change System Language
Oddly, modifying the system language from English works out. This might look a bit surprising. But who cares! If this way solves your problem, then is no harm in trying it out. Many users reported that this method works out very well. Hence, follow the steps below and change the English language to another one to solve NSIS error launching installer.
1. Press the Windows key, type Control Panel and click on Open.
2. Set View by as Category. Select the Clock and Region option.
3. Now, click on Region.
4. On the Region Properties window, switch to the Administrative tab and click on the Change system locale button.
5. On the Region Settings prompt, change the language under the Current system locale and select OK to save the changes.
6. Once another language is set, rerun the installer file.
Also Read: Fix Bluetooth Driver Error in Windows 10
Method 9: Disable Firewall (Not Recommended)
A firewall in your system provides protection to prevent any virus attack and hacking. However, this firewall frustrates you with overprotectiveness and restricts certain applications from launching and running. Hence, disable the Windows Defender Firewall for the time being to check and resolve the error. Read our guide on How to Disable Windows 10 Firewall to do the same.
Once the installer file has been launched, ensure to re-enable the Firewall since a system without a security suite is always a threat.
Method 10: Create New User Profile
Sometimes, a bug in the user profile might also interrupt launching the installer file. Creating a new user account can fix any profile-related errors and glitches. You can create a new user profile by following the steps discussed in our guide to Create a Local User Account on Windows 10.
Method 11: Clear Browser Cache
Unnecessary accumulation of browsing data such as caches, cookies, and history files uses abnormal Internet resources. This, in turn, slows down the network connectivity and interrupts the downloading file. Thus, implement the instructions below and delete the browsing data in chrome settings to get rid of the NSIS error launching installer problem. Read our guide on How to Clear Cache & Cookies in Google Chrome and clear the browsing data.
Wait till the unwanted data gets removed. Once done, close the Chrome application. Now, check if you can run the installer. If none of the above methods worked for you, then try contacting the software developers to get the issue resolved.
- Best Android Smartphones with Keyboards
- Fix WD My Passport Ultra Not Detected on Windows 10
- How to Stop Windows 10 From Asking Permission
- Fix Unhandled Exception Has Occurred in Your Application on Windows 10
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to fix NSIS error launching installer in Windows 10. Let us know the topic you want to explore next. Please feel free to reach out to us for any queries or suggestions via the comment section given below.