You want to log in to your Nexus account but keep getting a Nexus Mod Manager login error? Don’t worry! In this blog, we’ll guide you on how to easily resolve the Nexus Mod Manager login error and explain why it occurs.
What is Nexus Mod Manager?
Nexus Mod Manager is one of the most popular mod managers for Skyrim, Fallout, and Dark Souls. Despite being recently displaced by Vortex, the popularity of this mod manager has not declined. Nexus Mod Manager is the go-to spot where the best game modifications can be found. This is why it has such a thriving fan base. But, like any other application, it too has its flaws, such as the Nexus Mod manager login error, which occurs when you try to sign in.
How to Fix Nexus Mod Manager Login Error
Cause of Nexus Mod Manager Login Error?
Nexus Mod Manager has been outdated since 2016, which means that it no longer receives official support. However, its developers occasionally offer an update to allow users to continue accessing online services while ensuring that the program is compatible with prevailing security protocols. The common reasons for the login issue are:
- Outdated Application
- Antivirus Software Conflicts
- Slow internet connection
Now that we understand the basic reasons behind the Nexus Mod Manager login issue let us advance to the solutions for the same.
Method 1: Update Nexus Mod Manager
Even though official support for Nexus Mod Manager has been terminated since 2016, the developers did provide an update to increase application security. As previously stated, the older version was left outdated when the new upgrade was issued.
Follow this method to update the app to fix this login issue:
1. Open the Nexus Mod Manager. Click the OK button.
2. Now, the mod manager will check for updates.
3. If an update is available, click on the Update button. The mod manager will be updated.
Note: If the application Update tab does not appear to function properly, you will need to manually download and install the newest version from its official website.
4. For manual update: If you’re running 0.60.x or later, you should download 0.65.0 or if you’re using Nexus Mod Manager 0.52.3, you need to upgrade to 0.52.4.
Method 2: Check the Antivirus/Firewall settings
If you have the most recent version of the app installed on your system but are still encountering problems logging in, you should check your antivirus software. There are several instances of false positives, not just with NMM but with other applications as well. A false positive occurs when an antivirus software mistakenly denies legitimate programs access to its operations. Disabling antivirus or Windows firewall might help fix the NMM login error.
Let’s look at how to disable the antivirus/firewall:
1. Go to the Start menu and type Windows firewall. Select it from Best Match that appears.
2. Now, click the Allow an app or feature through the Windows Defender Firewall option.
3. Select the Nexus Mod Manager application from the given list.
4. Check the boxes that read Public and Private.
5. Click OK to finish the process.
The in-built protection on Windows PCs should not cause Nexus Mod Manager login error anymore.
Also Read: Fix Fallout 4 Mods Not Working
Method 3: Check the Nexus server
If you’re still having trouble signing in or you are unable to view Nexus servers in the mod manager, double-check whether the server is online. There have been occurrences in the past when the main server shut down, causing widespread connectivity troubles.
If you see other users reporting connection troubles in the threads or communities section, the server is most likely down. Wait for the server to reconnect.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I enter login credentials to Nexus Mod Manager?
When you initially launch NMM and try to download a mod, a second window will appear requesting you to provide your Nexus login details. Click the “Login” button after entering the login credentials. You’re good to go.
Q2. I am not able to log in to Nexus mods. What to do?
If you are unable to log in, do the following:
- Test logging in via different web browsers.
- Confirm your anti-virus or anti-spyware software is not overreaching and blocking content from its website.
- Ensure your firewall settings are not blocking access to Nexus Mods servers or required script hosts.
Q3. Is Nexus Mod still working?
Although there is no official support for Nexus Mod Manager, the final official release is still accessible to those who wish to use it. On the GitHub website, you can also find the most recent community release.
- Can’t log in to Windows 10? Fix Windows Login Problems!
- Hide Email Address on Windows 10 Login Screen
- How to Remove Avast from Windows 10
- Fix Local Print Spooler Service Is Not Running
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to fix Nexus Mod Manager login error. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries/comments regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.