Instagram is a popular social media platform that allows you to share photos and videos with followers. However, some users have reported issues with Instagram camera not working on their Android devices. This is particularly troublesome for those using the app for business or personal purposes. In this article, we will look into why this problem happens and learn how to fix it.
Table of Contents
Fix Instagram Camera Not Working on Android
Instagram Stories allow you to quickly share photos or short videos. But what if you can’t use the Story Camera within the Instagram app? If so, the troubleshooting methods given below will help you resolve the issue. Keep reading to learn how!
Get back to sharing photos or videos on Insta by enabling camera access using these steps:
1. In device settings, open the Apps section.
2. Tap on Instagram from the list and open the Permissions tab.
3. Now, select Allow only while using the app to enable camera permissions.
Why Isn’t My Camera Turning on Instagram?
If your Instagram camera is not working on an Android device, these reasons might be the triggering cause:
- Software Glitch
- Problem with Device Camera
- Corrupt App Cache and Data
- Outdated App Version
Tip: Please ensure you examine your device’s camera with other apps on your phone to confirm that it is functioning properly. If the camera works fine in the native camera app, the issue may be specific to the Instagram app. So, try out these methods to fix the mentioned issue.
Method 1: Restart Instagram
Shut down the app and then open it again. This simple action might resolve temporary issues causing the problem. Follow these steps to learn how:
1. Tap on Close all to swipe the Instagram app away on your device.
2. Now, reopen the app by tapping on its icon.
Check if the camera is now working properly.
Method 2: Enable Camera Permissions for Instagram
Camera permissions are also important to fix the camera not turning on Instagram. Ensure the app has permission for it by reading our guide on How to Enable Camera Access on Instagram.
Method 3: Reactivate Camera Access for Instagram
You can also reactivate camera access for your Instagram app to fix the camera not working on Android. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Open the Apps section in your device settings.
2. Open the Instagram app and tap on Permissions.
3. Now, select Don’t allow to disable the camera permission for Instagram.
4. Re-enable the camera permission for Instagram by selecting Allow only while using the app.
Method 4: Clear App Cache and Data
Clearing app cache and data will help you get rid of temporary files that may be causing the problem. So, to fix the Instagram camera not working, follow the steps given below.
1. Open your phone’s settings and find the Apps section.
2. Open Instagram and tap on Storage usage.
3. Tap on the Clear cache to remove the temporary files.
4. If the issue persists, tap on the Clear data button to remove all app data
Note: This will log you out of Instagram and reset your settings.
Method 5: Update Instagram
Make sure that you have the latest version of the Instagram app installed. Go to the Google Play Store, find the Instagram app, and check if there is an update available. If there is, install it to avoid the camera not turning on Instagram issue.
1. Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
2. Tap on the search bar and select the Instagram app from the search results.
3. If an update is available, tap on the Update button.
Once the update is complete, reopen the Instagram app and check if the camera is working.
Method 6: Re-Install Instagram
If none of these methods resolve the issue, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Instagram app.
1. Open the Apps section on your Android phone via Settings.
2. Now, locate and open Instagram from the list.
3. Then, tap on Uninstall.
4. Confirm the uninstallation.
5. Now, open the Google Play Store, search for Instagram, and tap on Install.
Log in to your Instagram account and check if the camera is now working properly. Also, remember to test the camera after each method to see if the issue has been resolved.
This brings us to the end of our guide on Instagram camera not working on Android devices. By following the steps mentioned above, you can get back to using the app and sharing your photos or videos with your followers. For more queries or suggestions, contact us by leaving your comments below.