If you have an AMD graphic card, then you most probably have used AMD Catalyst Control Centre, but users are reporting that it may get corrupted and shows the error “Host application has stopped working.” There are various explanations as to why this error is caused by the program such as malware infection, outdated drivers or program not being able to access files file necessary for an operation etc.
Catalyst Control Centre: Host application has stopped working
Anyway, this has been creating many problems to AMD users lately, and today we will see how to Fix Host application has stopped working error with the below-listed troubleshooting steps.
Table of Contents
Fix Host application has stopped working error
Make sure to create a restore point just in case something goes wrong.
Method 1: Unhide the ATI folder in AppData
1. Press Windows Key + R then type %localappdata% and hit Enter.
2. Now click View > Options.
3. Switch to View tab in the Folder Options window and checkmark “Show hidden files and folders.”
4. Now under Local folder search for ATI and right-click on it then select Properties.
5. Next, under Attributes section uncheck Hidden option.
6. Click Apply, followed by OK.
7. Reboot your PC to save changes and rerun the application.
Method 2: Update AMD Drivers
Go to this link and update your AMD drivers, if this doesn’t fix the error, follow the below steps.
1. Press Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
2. Now expand Display adapter and right-click on your AMD card then select Update Driver Software.
3 . On the next screen, select Search automatically for the updated driver software.
4. If no update is found then again right-click and select Update Driver Software.
5. This time, choose “Browse my computer for driver software.”
6. Next, click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
7. Select your latest AMD driver from the list and finish the installation.
8. Reboot your PC to save changes.
Method 3: Run application in compatibility mode
1. Navigate to the following path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static
2. Find CCC.exe and right-click on it then select Properties.
3. Switch to compatibility tab and checkmark the box “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 7.
4. Click Apply, followed by OK.
5. Reboot your PC to save changes. This should Fix Host application has stopped working error.
Method 4: Make sure Windows is up to date
1. Press Windows Key + I to open Settings then click on Update & Security.
2. From the left-hand side, menu clicks on Windows Update.
3. Now click on the “Check for updates” button to check for any available updates.
4. If any updates are pending, then click on Download & Install updates.
5. Once the updates are downloaded, install them, and your Windows will become up-to-date.
- Fix Can’t maximize programs from taskbar
- Fix System Restore did not complete successfully
- File Explorer does not highlight selected files or folders
- 5 Ways to enable Thumbnail preview in Windows 10
That’s it you have successfully Fix Host application has stopped working error if you still have any questions regarding this guide then feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.