The green button in iMessage is meant for joining a FaceTime call. But sometimes, it shows up even when there is no call. This can be a bit confusing. To clear up the issue, we have brought this helpful guide on how to fix the FaceTime Join button glitch with simple troubleshooting steps. Read on to try them out!
How to Fix FaceTime Join Button Glitch
FaceTime is a popular choice for iPhone users to make calls. If you are joining a group call late, there is usually a green Join button at the top. But sometimes, it doesn’t work as expected. It might either show up when there is no ongoing call or go away during an active one. In this guide, we will explore solutions to resolve this issue. Let’s get started.
Ensure uninterrupted FaceTime calls by following these steps to update the Messages app:
1. Open the App Store on your iOS device.
2. Search Messages at the top and open the result.
3. Tap on UPDATE to install its latest version.
Why is iMessage Showing Join, But There is No FaceTime Call?
When it comes to the join button on iMessage, sometimes it can appear while there is no active FaceTime call. Below are the reasons why it can happen:
- App Glitch
- Device Issues
- Internet Connectivity Problem
- FaceTime App Cache
- Outdated Software or App version
If you are looking for a way to fix the FaceTime green button on Message threads, then you are in luck as we bring to you five methods that will help you.
Note: Since not all versions of iOS offer the same features, some features mentioned in the article might not work. The following methods were tried on iOS 17.
Method 1: Force Quit And Relaunch the App
When an app stays active for a longer period, it can become static and not respond effectively. To make the iMessage work normally again, you can try to force quit and relaunch the app.
1. Use the assistive touch and tap on Home twice. This will show all the running apps.
2. In case you do not have the assistive touch active, you can also swipe the screen up to see the running apps.
3. Now swipe the messages app up to force quit.
4. Open the Messages app again from your home screen or your app drawer.
Method 2: Restart Device
There are two ways to restart your device. Either you can use the assistive touch or you can use a quick shortcut. Let us understand both ways step by step to fix the Facetime green Join button glitch in the message threads:
1. Tap on the Assistive touch.
2. You will find an option for Device. Tap on that.
3. Now, tap on More.
4. Tap on Restart to restart your device.
5. If you do not have the assistive touch activated, you can press and hold the lock button and the volume up button.
6. Now, you will see the option stating Slide to Power Off. Turn off the device and then turn it on manually.
Method 3: Refresh Network/ Wi-Fi
As the FaceTime call is conducted over the internet, the green Join button glitch in message threads might also appear due to poor internet connectivity. To resolve this issue, you can simply refresh your network, that is your cellular data or your Wi-Fi connection. Follow the steps below to refresh your network.
1. Drag down the control center.
2. Tap on the Airplane Mode icon and turn it on.
3. Tap on it again to turn it off. This will refresh your cellular data.
4. If you are using Wi-Fi, turn it off and then turn it on again.
Method 4: Update Messages App
Due to the app not being updated, errors like Facetime Join button glitch in message threads can occur. To update the Messages app, simply follow the steps below:
1. Go to the App Store and tap on the search option located in the right-hand corner.
2. Type messages in the search bar and tap on the result.
3. In case your messages app is not updated, you will see an option for an update. Tap on Update. If it is updated, you will see the option, Open.
This will help to fix the Facetime green join button glitch as well.
Method 5: Re-enable FaceTime
You can get the FaceTime green Join button glitch fixed by re-enabling the feature using these steps:
1. Navigate to Settings on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and open FaceTime.
3. Now, toggle off FaceTime.
4. After a few seconds, toggle on FaceTime.
Method 6: Offload FaceTime
Offloading an iPhone app helps to get rid of unwanted data and cache. Therefore, to get the FaceTime green join button glitch in messages thread fixed, offload the app using these steps:
1. In the Settings of your phone, open the General tab.
2. Now, tap on iPhone Storage.
3. Then, scroll down and open FaceTime app.
4. Finally, tap on Offload App.
Method 7: Update iOS Version
Older software versions are known to lag or face errors at some point. It is therefore important to keep your iOS updated. To update the software on your iPhone and fix the Facetime Join button glitch, you can follow the below steps:
1. Go to the Settings option and tap on General.
2. You will have to tap on the Software Update option to check if a new update is available for your device.
3. If the update is available, tap on Download and Install.
Also Read: Can I FaceTime on Google Chrome?
Method 8: Contact Apple Support
In case, none of the methods work for you, it is best to contact Apple support. It might seem difficult but it is quite an easy task. Simply follow the steps we have mentioned below:
1. Open Safari and visit the official site for Apple support.
2. On the right-hand top corner, you will see the option for the menu. It will be indicated by two horizontal lines. Tap on it.
3. From the menu, tap on the Support option.
4. Now, tap on iPhone.
5. You will now have to scroll down until you find the option for Get Support. Tap on Start Now.
6. You will see a lot of options on your screen now. However, to get in touch with the Apple support team about messages, you will have to tap on More.
7. There will be a list of apps that you can choose from. Select Messages.
8. Now, you will be able to see the option to continue. Tap on Continue.
9. You will get two options to get in touch with the Apple support team. One is via Call and the other one is via Chat. Tap on the option that you prefer.
The FaceTime join button glitch on iMessage is easy to fix with a few workarounds. We hope this guide has helped you in doing so. If the problem still exists, don’t forget to get in touch with official support. For more queries or suggestions, drop your comments below.