League of Legends is one of the most popular multi-player action games; first launched in 2009. League of Legends has grown in popularity and is a favourite among the gaming community. The game is played by thousands of users every day. Like any other online game, League of Legends also faces some errors; most of these errors are related to the game servers, and program files. However, sometimes players may receive errors with their hardware also. One such error is can’t left click in League of Legends. This is League of Legends controls error and can be triggered by various reasons such as antivirus issues, user profile issues, and hardware issues. In this guide, we will discuss LoL mouse errors and methods to fix these errors.
- How to Fix Can’t Left Click in League of Legends Issue
- Method 1: Troubleshoot Hardware Issues
- Method 2: Repair System Files
- Method 3: Temporarily Disable Antivirus (If Applicable)
- Method 4: Disable Touchpad
- Method 5: Update Mouse Drivers
- Method 6: Enable Click Lock
- Method 7: Remove Recently Installed Drivers
- Method 8: Change Corrupted User Profile
How to Fix Can’t Left Click in League of Legends Issue
There can be multiple reasons for can’t left click in League of Legends issues; some of the possible reasons are mentioned here.
- Hardware issues and improper configurations are the most common reason for this error
- Corrupted system files can also cause this error
- Antivirus settings can also cause the mouse error with LoL
- Improper system settings such as touchpad settings, click lock settings, and user profile settings can also trigger this error
- Corrupted system drivers and mouse drivers are also responsible for this error
The following guide will give you methods to resolve can’t left click in League of Legends game.
Method 1: Troubleshoot Hardware Issues
Generally, mouse and other hardware-related issues are related to hardware errors and improper configurations. Damaged USB or mouse cables and USB slots could cause can’t left click in League of Legends game issues with your computer. To resolve hardware issues, you can test your mouse on other systems. Also, switch the mouse cables with different USB slots on your computer and check if the problem is with the slot or the cable. If you don’t find an issue with the computer hardware, move on to the next method.
Method 2: Repair System Files
Another common reason for this League of Legends controls error to occur on Windows 10 is corrupted system files. These corrupted system files can cause various LoL mouse errors with your computer including can’t left click in League of Legends game. You can check out the How to Repair System Files on Windows 10 guide to perform an SFC and dism scan to repair system files in your computer.
Also Read: Fix League of Legends Frame Drops
Method 3: Temporarily Disable Antivirus (If Applicable)
Your antivirus may be causing the mouse errors, often, some antivirus causes various errors with gaming software and files. If your antivirus is causing errors with the game files you can try to temporarily disable the antivirus. Check out the How to Disable Antivirus Temporarily on Windows 10 guide to safely disable your antivirus application on your Windows 10 computer.
Method 4: Disable Touchpad
Many users found that disabling the in-built Windows touchpad can resolve can’t left click in League of Legends game issues. You can follow these simple steps to disable the touchpad on your Windows 10 computer.
1. Press Windows + I keys together to open the Settings.
2. Click on Devices setting.
3. From the left-side panel, navigate to Mouse.
4. Here, click on Additional mouse options.
5. Navigate to the Hardware tab and click on Properties.
6. Now, navigate to the Driver tab.
7. Here, click on Disable Device option and click OK to save changes.
Method 5: Update Mouse Drivers
Corrupted or outdated mouse drivers are one of the major reasons for this error with the League of Legends game. To resolve this issue, you can try to update mouse drivers on your computer. Read our guide on how to update device drivers on Windows 10.
Method 6: Enable Click Lock
Often, users find problems with holding the left click with their mouse while playing the League of Legends. This results in can’t left click in League of Legends problem. This League of Legends controls issue can be resolved by enabling the click lock option on your computer.
1. Hit the Windows key, type Control Panel, then click on Open.
2. Set View by > Category, then click on Hardware and Sound.
3. Here, locate the Mouse option under Devices and Printers.
4. Navigate to the Buttons tab and check the box for Turn on ClickLock option shown highlighted below.
5. Click Apply and then, OK to save the changes.
Also Read: Fix League of Legends Sound Issues
Method 7: Remove Recently Installed Drivers
Sometimes when you install new drivers on your computer, they can change various settings on your system, which can cause an array of League of Legends controls errors with the computer. To resolve LoL mouse issues caused by new drivers, you can try to uninstall and reinstall the system drivers. You can check out the How to Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers on Windows 10 guide to safely uninstall and reinstall drivers.
Method 8: Change Corrupted User Profile
If your Windows user profile is corrupted, this is one of the most common reasons for can’t left click in League of Legends game. To resolve this issue, you can try to change the corrupt user profile with a new profile. Read our guide on how to create a local user account on Windows 10.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why is my mouse not working in LoL?
Ans. Your mouse may not be working due to improper system settings or corrupted mouse drivers. You can try to resolve this error by repairing system files or updating the system drivers.
Q2. How to fix mouse-related issues?
Ans. You can follow a few methods to fix the mouse-related issues; such as scanning your system to restore the corrupted files, disabling antivirus, and changing the system settings.
Q3. What causes mouse errors while playing League of Legends?
Ans. There can be multiple reasons for mouse errors while playing League of Legends game; some of the possible reasons include, corrupted user profiles, hardware issues, faulty USB ports, etc.
- How to Change Your Password on Instagram
- Fix An Error Occurred While Starting Roblox
- Fix League of Legends There Was an Unexpected Error with the Login Session
- Fix High Ping in League of Legends
We hope this guide was helpful to you and you were able to fix can’t left click in League of Legends game error. Let us know which method worked for you the best. If you have any suggestions or queries, please let us know in the comment section below.