Almost all of us have accidentally enabled Caps to lock while writing an article in word or submitting some papers on the web and this gets annoying as we need to write the whole article again. Anyway, this tutorial describes a simple way to disable caps lock until you again enable it, and with this method, the physical key on the keyboard won’t work. Don’t worry, and you still can press and hold the Shift key and press a letter to capitalize if Caps Lock is disabled. So without wasting any time, let’s see How to Enable or Disable the Caps Lock Key in Windows 10 with the help of the below-listed guide.
Enable or Disable Caps Lock Key in Windows 10
Make sure to create a restore point just in case something goes wrong.
Method 1: Enable or Disable Caps Lock Key in Registry Editor
1. Press Windows Key + R then type regedit and hit Enter.
2. Navigate to the following registry key:
3.Right-click on Keyboard Layout then select New > Binary Value.
4. Name this newly created key as the Scancode Map.
5. Double-click on Scancode Map and to disable caps lock change it’s value to:
Note: If you find this too difficult to follow then open notepad file then copy & paste the below text:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout] "Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,3a,00,00,00,00,00
Press Ctrl + S to open Save as dialog box, then under name type disable_caps.reg (the extension .reg is very important) then from the Save as type drop-down select “All Files” click Save. Now right-click on the file you just created and select Merge.
6. If you want to enable again the caps lock right-click on Scancode Map key and select Delete.
7. Close Registry Editor and reboot your PC to save changes.
Method 2: Enable or Disable Caps Lock Key Using KeyTweak
Download and install the KeyTweak program, a free utility that allows you to disable caps lock on your keyboard and enable it. This software is not limited to caps lock as any key on your keyboard can be disabled, enabled or remapped according to your preferences.
Note: Make sure to skip any adware installation during the setup.
1. Run the program after installing it.
2. Select the caps lock key from the keyboard diagram. To ensure you selected the correct key, see which key it is currently mapped to and it should say, Caps Lock.
3. Now next to it there will be a button which says “Disable Key“, click on it to disable caps lock.
4. Reboot your PC to save changes.
5. If you want to enable caps to lock again, select the key and click the “Enable key” button.
- Easiest way to Install a CAB File in Windows 10
- Allow or Deny Apps Access to Camera in Windows 10
- How to Calibrate your Monitor Display Color in Windows 10
- Enable or Disable Built-in Administrator Account in Windows 10
That’s it you have successfully learned How to Enable or Disable Caps Lock Key in Windows 10 but if you still have any queries regarding this guide then feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.