Have you ever wanted to save a photo on Facebook but worried that the person may find out? Facebook is a popular user interface, so people often question whether they can freely save images. This guide will clarify does Facebook notify when you save a photo and provide different methods you can use. So, keep reading!
Table of Contents
Can I Save a Photo from Facebook?
Yes, you can save a photo from Facebook. The platform allows all users to download posts from anywhere to their devices. All your photos saved from Facebook go to your mobile’s gallery/album where you can view them offline whenever you wish. You can also choose to share those photos on other platforms if you would like.
Does Facebook Notify When You Save a Photo?
If someone saves a photo from your profile, you will not be notified about it. However, when they like your post or comment on it you will receive notifications about their actions. But if you wish to stop others from saving your profile photos, you can do so by adjusting account settings.
How to Save Someone Else’s Photo on Facebook
If you wish to view a person’s post offline, you can choose to save the image onto your device. The steps provided below will guide you to do so.
Method 1: For Android Users
Facebook app users on Android can follow these steps to save someone else’s photo without getting the user notified about it:
1. Open the Facebook app on your phone.
2. Scroll through your feed or go to the person’s profile to find the picture you wish to save.
3. Click on a photo to open it.
4. Tap on the three dots at the top right corner of the screen.
5. Tap on the Save to phone option. Your picture will now be saved in your device’s gallery.
Also Read: How to Download All Facebook Photos at Once
Method 2: For iPhone Users
Facebook app iPhone users can follow these steps to save someone else’s photo:
1. Follow steps 1-3 until you open the picture.
2. Press and hold down on the screen until a pop-up menu appears.
3. Select the Save photo option. The image will now be saved in your Album.
Also Read: Who Viewed My Collection Photos on Facebook?
Method 3: For Web Users
If you use Facebook on your desktop, follow these steps to save a photo:
1. Open Facebook on your web browser and sign into your account if needed.
2. Search for the image you wish to save and click on it to open the picture.
3. Click on the three dots option towards the right of the screen.
4. Select the Download option from the menu. Save the location of the file and then click on Ok to save the image to your laptop/computer.
5. As an alternate option, you can right-click on the image and click on Save image as… to download the picture.
We hope this article helped you learn if Facebook notifies a user when you save a photo. Keep reading our blogs for helpful guides. Feel free to leave your suggestions & queries in the comment section below!