If you have recently installed Cumulative Update KB4013429 for Windows 10, then you will see a message in Windows Update saying “Good news! The Windows 10 Creators Update is on its way. Want to be one of the first to get it? Yes, show me how.” In case you don’t want to see this message, you could easily disable this message with this guide.
If you click this link you would be shown this message:
Windows 10 Creators Update is coming soon.
Disable Windows Creators Update notice in Windows Update
Make sure to create a restore point just in case something goes wrong.
1. Press Windows Key + R then type regedit and hit Enter to open Registry Editor.
2. Navigate to the following Registry Key:
3. Right-click in the right window pane and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name this key as HideMCTLink.
4. Double-click on HideMCTLink key and set its value as 1.
5. Reboot your PC to save changes.
- Fix Restart your computer to install important updates loop
- How to fix Logonui.exe system error on boot
- Fix corrupt Opencl.dll in Windows 10
- Fix Windows was unable to complete the format
That’s it you have successfully Disable Windows Creators Update notice in Windows Update Settings. If you still have any questions regarding this guide, please feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.