Facebook redefined and revolutionized how we communicated with people and created a facility for us to connect with our peers, contacts, connections, and a reliable platform to promote our business. Facebook offers everything a user could want, compiling information from anything under the sun and providing a palatable epicure of content for the user to consume. However, in a recent sudden trend, Facebook has started losing its user base, with most users permanently abandoning it or switching to Instagram. If you are one of those people who ask if can you delete Facebook and keep Messenger, you are at the right place. We will tell you how to keep Messenger without Facebook and create Messenger account without Facebook. Continue reading till the end to also know how to deactivate Messenger only.
- Can You Delete Facebook and Keep Messenger?
- Why Does Someone Keep Deactivating and Reactivating Their Facebook?
- Can You Keep Messenger without Facebook?
- How Can You Create Messenger Account without Facebook?
- How to Deactivate Your Facebook Account but Keep Messenger?
- What Does a Deactivated Messenger Account Look Like?
- Will Deleting Facebook Delete Messenger?
- Does Deleting Facebook Account Delete Messenger Messages?
- What Does a Deactivated Facebook Account Look Like on Messenger?
- Does Reactivating Facebook Reactivate Messenger?
- Can You Use Messenger without a Phone Number?
- Can You Deactivate Your Messenger Only?
- Can Someone Message You If You Deactivate Messenger?
- Can You Reactivate Messenger after Deactivating?
Can You Delete Facebook and Keep Messenger?
As of today, Facebook is the social media with the most content ever in the history of the internet, its user base has remained solid, and the lack of a proper competitor has profoundly exalted its desire to consolidate itself at the peak of the social media hierarchy. But it lost its popularity recently. But users want to retain Messenger and remove Facebook. Continue reading!
Why Does Someone Keep Deactivating and Reactivating Their Facebook?
Many people desire sporadic breaks from Facebook, thus the repeated process of deactivating and reactivating. Users often find themselves in a toxic position where they can neither tolerate Facebook nor go without it.
Can You Keep Messenger without Facebook?
Yes, you can keep Messenger without FB. Your Messenger shall be unscathed even after you remove FB. This would have answered your question: can you delete FB and keep Messenger.
Also Read: Can You Cancel a Walmart Pickup Order?
How Can You Create Messenger Account without Facebook?
After getting an answer to can you delete Facebook and keep Messenger question, you would like to know about creating Messenger account. Unfortunately, you cannot create Messenger account without FB.
How to Deactivate Your Facebook Account but Keep Messenger?
After learning can you delete FB and keep Messenger, now it’s time to try it out. Follow the below steps:
1. Access the Facebook website via your browser and log in to your account.
2. Click on the down arrow from the top right corner of the screen, as shown below.
3. Then, click on Settings & privacy.
4. Select Settings.
5. Then, click on the Your Facebook information option.
6. Click on View next to the Deactivation and deletion option to delete Facebook and keep Messenger.
7. Choose Deactivate account and click on Continue to Account Deactivation.
8. Enter your password and click on Continue.
9. Choose a reason, explain the reason and click on Deactivate.
Also Read: How Do I Delete All Activity Log on Facebook
What Does a Deactivated Messenger Account Look Like?
A deactivated messenger account will lose all its data, and you shall have to start from scratch once you decide to restart your usage.
Will Deleting Facebook Delete Messenger?
No, deleting Facebook will not delete Messenger.
Does Deleting Facebook Account Delete Messenger Messages?
No, deleting your FB account does not delete your messenger messages.
What Does a Deactivated Facebook Account Look Like on Messenger?
A deactivated FB account will look like the usual Messenger interface, for the messages remain as they were before deletion.
Does Reactivating Facebook Reactivate Messenger?
No. Nothing happens to your Messenger account if you deactivate FB account. So, you will not observe any changes when Facebook is reactivated.
Can You Use Messenger without a Phone Number?
Yes, you can use Messenger without a phone number, provided you give your Facebook ID.
Can You Deactivate Your Messenger Only?
No, you cannot deactivate Messenger only.
Can Someone Message You If You Deactivate Messenger?
No, they cannot message you on Messenger anymore if you’ve deactivated it.
Can You Reactivate Messenger after Deactivating?
Yes, you can reactivate Messenger very conveniently post deletion.
- How to See Deleted Search History on Instagram
- How to Delete Care.com Account
- How to Delete Facebook Account Without Password
- How Do I Get My Old Facebook Account Back
We hope that you learned about how can you delete Facebook and keep Messenger. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what topic you want to learn about in our next article.