There is no introduction required for YouTube, one of the most popular videos streaming websites. However, sometimes you experience some glitches while watching your favourite videos. One of the most common problems that users experience is “No Sound” while watching your video. Indeed, it can irritate you to the extreme level, but there is a solution to this problem too.
Every problem comes with the solutions; all you need to do is find the best one. When it comes to finding the solution to this problem, we should identify the real cause behind no sound on YouTube. There could be several things interfering your YouTube sound such as site setting, browser issues, system sound problems, etc. However, if you follow a systematic approach to narrow down your options to find the problem, you would definitely find the real cause for this problem to isolate the problem instantly. Below are mentioned methods to fix no sound on YouTube issue.
Table of Contents
5 Ways to Fix No Sound on YouTube
Make sure to create a restore point just in case something goes wrong.
Method 1 – Check Your System Sounds
The first thing you need to do is to check your system sound, whether it is working properly. It could be possible that the main cause of YouTube no sound problem is your system sound is not working. To check your system sound setting, you need to right-click on the sound icon on the taskbar, choose Sounds, and click on the Test button.
If there is no sound coming, then you need to check your system settings.
1. Volume Setting – One problem could be that your volume is muted. You can check it on your taskbar. Once you click on the sound icon, you will see a blue bar, and if it is muted, there will be X mark on the speaker. It will help if you re-enable it.
2. Check and Update the Sound Driver – Most of the times, we forget that some drivers want to be updated on time. You need to check the sound driver for this problem. It would help if you opened Device Manager where you will find a sound and video sets. If there is a yellow exclamation mark under this setting, you need to click and update the driver. See the last method to see how to update sound drivers in a step by step way manually.
3. Enable the sound driver – It would be possible that mistakenly you have disabled the sound driver. You need to check under the Device Manager and Sound driver. If it is disabled, you simply right click on the Sound Driver and select Enable option.
Method 2 – Browser Problem
If you are running your YouTube video on Chrome browser and there is no sound, you should try opening the same video in the different browser. If the sound works, you can easily understand that the problem was with the browser. Now you need to fix the problem with the same browser. Start with “right-click” on the speaker icon on Taskbar, open Volume Mixer and fix the problem with the selected browser. In some cases, the speaker could be muted for particular browsers, so you need to enable it. If you do not have other browser installed, you need to install one to check this option.
Method 3 – Adobe Flash Player Update
If you open a flash video on different video streaming websites and hear the sound, then the problem is with your YouTube setting. However, if there is still a sound problem, then the problem is with the adobe flash player. You need to ensure that your adobe flash player is the latest version recommended for the Windows. If you find that your version is not the latest one recommended for windows, you need to update it or install the latest version of the adobe flash player to Fix No Sound on YouTube Issue.
It would help if you also ensured that the Adobe Flash Player is enabled for your browser in Windows 10. So if you don’t know how to do that, then you should definitely read this article: Enable Adobe Flash Player on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge
Method 4 – YouTube Setting
Somehow you have muted the YouTube sound setting. Yes, it happens with some people that sometimes they mute YouTube and forget to re-enable it again for sound. You need to look at the speaker icon on YouTube Video, and if you see X mark on it, then it is disabled or muted. When you move your mouse over the icon, you can easily enable it again and adjust the volume setting. It would help if you moved the slider right side to increase the volume.
Method 5 – Update the sound card driver
1. Press Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
2. Expand Sound, video and game controllers and then right-click on “Realtek High Definition Audio” & select Update driver.
3. On the next window, click on “Search automatically for updated driver software“.
4. In case, you already have the updated driver, you will see the message “The best drivers for your device are already installed“.
6. If you don’t have the latest drivers, Windows will automatically update Realtek Audio drivers to the latest update available.
7. Once finished, reboot your PC to save changes.
If you’re still facing the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Issue, then you need to update the drivers manually, follow this guide.
1. Again open Device Manager then right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio & select Update driver.
2. This time click on “Browse my computer for driver software.”
3. Next, select “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.”
4. Select the appropriate driver from the list and click Next.
5. Let the driver installation complete and then restart your PC.
- How to Fix Printer Offline Status in Windows 10
- Youtube Not Working Issue on Chrome [SOLVED]
- Fix Windows Hello isn’t available on this device on Windows 10
- How to Reinstall Realtek HD Audio Manager [GUIDE]
Hopefully, above-mentioned steps will help you to Fix No Sound on YouTube Issue. You need to start with one option to find whether that method works for you or not. One by one, you can check all the mentioned methods, and positively, you will be able to watch your favourite video once again with Sound as usual.