Zoom stands out as a prominent application among the others used for virtual meetings. But it can be challenging to ensure seamless communication, especially when background noises come from the host. If you encounter this issue, this guide will instruct you on how to mute the Zoom host on your Mac device with and without muting the computer sound.
Table of Contents
How to Mute Zoom Host on Mac
Muting on Zoom involves silencing your or someone else’s microphone during virtual meetings or calls, reducing background noise and disruptions. But unfortunately, you cannot mute the host on a Zoom call. The host maintains control over their audio, which helps them communicate well and manage the meeting smoothly.
However, you can try the following workarounds to minimize or mute the host’s audio. Let’s see how to so do:
To mute the host form your Zoom calls on your Mac, you should:
1. Click on the sound icon in Mac’s top menu bar.
2. Slide left the slider to mute system sound, including Zoom calls.
Note: The Mute all option on Zoom will not mute the host or co-hosts. Also, remember only the host or co-host only can use this option.
Method 1: Reduce System Volume
Since you cannot mute the host during the meeting, you can reduce or mute the overall system volume. Follow the below steps to do so:
1. Click on the sound icon from the menu bar at the top of your Mac device.
2. Drag the slider to the left side to mute the system sound.
Note 1: You can also use the F11 key on the keyboard to reduce the volume.
Note 2: You can also lower the volume from the Control Centre.
Method 2: Ask Host to Mute via Chat
If you are comfortable texting the host, you can let the host or co-hosts know about the noise disturbances from their end. Then, you can request them to mute their microphone via the chat box within the Zoom meeting.
Also Read: How to Unmute on Zoom Phone Call
How to Mute Zoom on Mac Without Muting Computer?
If you want to mute Zoom meetings without muting the computer, follow any of the methods listed below accordingly.
Method 1: Through Zoom Audio Settings
Follow the below steps to mute Zoom calls on Mac:
1. During ongoing calls on the Zoom app, click on the upward arrow icon next to the Mute option.
2. Choose Audio Settings…
3. From the Audio tab, drag the Output Volume slider to the leftmost side to mute the Zoom calls.
Method 2: Leave Computer Audio
This method can disconnect your speaker and microphone from the Zoom call. Also, the microphone icon next to your name will disappear so others can know that you have left your device audio.
1. During a Zoom call, click on the upward arrow icon next to the Mute option.
2. Click on Leave Computer Audio.
Also Read: How to Mute Someone on Discord as Admin
Method 3: Use Mute All Option (For Hosts & Co-hosts)
If you are the host or co-host of the Zoom call, you can mute every participant. Follow the below steps:
1. In the Zoom call, click on the Participants tab from the bottom menu bar.
2. Click on Mute All.
Method 4: Mute Specific Participants (For Hosts & Co-hosts)
The host and co-hosts can also mute specific participants whose background noise is too high and disturbing. Follow the below steps to do so:
1. Click on the Participants tab from the bottom bar.
2. Click on the Mute option next to the desired participant’s name whom you want to mute.
This will mute the user indicated by the crossed-out red microphone icon.
Also Read: How to Add a Host to Facebook Event
Through this guide, we have presented you with various methods on how to mute Zoom host on Mac with and without muting your computer. Now, you can manage your Zoom meetings more effectively and ensure smoother communication. If you have any questions or suggestions to share about more Zoom topics, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below. Stay tuned to our website for more helpful guides. Until next time!