Do you encounter problems with excessive background noise or participants speaking too loudly on Zoom? If so, we can help you eliminate distracting background noise! In this situation, you may want to adjust the volume on this app without affecting the computer’s volume. This comprehensive guide will guide you on how to lower only the volume on Zoom without lowering the computer volume.
Table of Contents
How to Lower Volume Only on Zoom
You can easily lower the Zoom volume on a Windows PC without affecting the computer volume. The volume mixer feature on Windows devices allows you to achieve this. Here’s a simple step-by-step guide on how to do it:
1. On your Windows PC, click on the Speaker icon from the action menu on the taskbar at the bottom-right corner.
2. Click on the Sound box icon next to the volume slider.
3. Then, click on More volume settings.
Note: Alternatively, you can arrive here through Settings of your Windows PC.
4. Scroll down and click on Volume mixer under Advanced.
5. Left-drag the slider next to Zoom to lower the volume of the Zoom app. This way, the volume level of the overall computer is not altered.
Also Read: Fix Zoom Audio Not Working Windows 10
How to Lower Zoom Volume Without Lowering Computer Volume?
Read and follow the steps mentioned above to lower the Zoom app volume.
Does Zoom Auto Adjust Volume?
Yes. Zoom auto-adjusts microphone volume only if the setting is enabled. Otherwise, it runs on the volume level of the device.
How to Adjust Microphone Volume in Zoom?
The microphone volume controls the loudness of your voice when it is captured. If the volume is low, your microphone will mainly pick up faint background noises, so you’ll have to speak loudly.
To adjust the microphone volume in Zoom, follow the methods mentioned below.
Method 1: In Zoom Meeting
1. In an ongoing Zoom meeting, click on the upward arrow next to the microphone icon from the bottom-left corner, as shown below.
2. From the menu, click on Audio Settings…
3. Locate the Volume slider under the Microphone >Input Level section and adjust the slider to modify the input volume of your mic.
Also Read: How to Make Zoom Better Using its Best Apps
Method 2: Via Home Tab of the App
1. Launch the Zoom app on your PC.
2. Click on your profile icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Click on Settings to lower or increase the volume on Zoom only.
4. Click on Audio from the left pane.
5. Find the Volume slider under the Microphone > Input Level section and use it to adjust your microphone’s input volume.
Method 3: Auto Adjust Volume
1. Navigate to the Audio Settings window on the Zoom app.
2. Mark the checkbox next to Automatically adjust microphone volume, if it is unchecked.
Also Read: How to Unmute on Zoom Phone Call
How to Adjust Volume in a Zoom Meeting?
You can easily adjust the volume during a Zoom call. However, keep in mind that it will also change the overall volume of your computer. To do this, follow the steps below.
1. Open Audio Settings by following the steps as mentioned above while in a Zoom meeting.
2. Drag the slider for the Volume option in the Speaker section.
Note: Alternatively, you can adjust the overall volume of your computer from the taskbar.
Through this article, we hope you gained valuable insights on how to lower volume on Zoom only. This process is straightforward on Windows devices. But for Apple and Linux devices, you’ll need to install third-party volume controllers. Leave your doubts or suggestions in the comments section below. Keep coming back to our site for more insightful articles!