If you use LinkedIn for professional networking, having multiple accounts can cause problems rather than benefits. Managing several profiles can lead to confusion, missed opportunities, and reduced engagement. The good news is that you can combine these accounts to create one unified and impactful profile. Let’s see how to merge LinkedIn accounts and present your combined presence.
How to Merge LinkedIn Accounts
You can merge two LinkedIn accounts from your desktop or laptop, as the mobile version may lack some features. Merging accounts brings potential prospects to your main account and prevents confusion among employers and connections.
Now, to merge your account, follow these steps:
1. Visit the LinkedIn Sign in page on your browser and Sign in with your account credentials.
2. Click on the Me tab from the top of the home page, as shown.
3. Select the Help option.
4. Locate the search bar and type merge account.
5. From the ensuing page, click on the Merge or close duplicate accounts option to proceed to combine your LinkedIn accounts.
6. In the Help section, click on the request to merge the account option.
7. To continue the process, select the Get help from us option.
8. Now, select the Other category.
9. Below, the What do you need help with box, type merge account to specify your request to combine your LinkedIn accounts.
10. From the list of options, scroll down a little and click on the Create a support ticket option.
11. Fill out the form with your information and explain that you want to merge accounts.
12. Click on the Submit option.
Wait for the LinkedIn support team to respond to your request.
What Happens When You Merge LinkedIn Accounts?
Once you merge your accounts successfully, all your LinkedIn connections from duplicate accounts will be transferred to the primary account. This ensures that you have access to all your professional contacts in one place. However, before proceeding, it’s crucial to authorize and review the merge. Once the process is completed, your duplicate account will be closed, and you won’t have access to any content from that account anymore.
Additionally, please note that certain profile data, such as group memberships, endorsements, work experience, recommendations, or pending invites, will not be carried over to your main account. It’s best to save or transfer this information before merging.
How Long Does It Take to Merge LinkedIn Accounts?
There is no definitive answer to this question as there is no exact duration. It may primarily depend on the process involved and the response time of the LinkedIn platform. However, typically the completion of merging your account may take approximately 3-5 minutes.
Also Read: How to Combine Two Facebook Accounts
By following the simple steps provided in our article, you might have learned how to merge your LinkedIn accounts and make them easy to manage. If you have any questions or suggestions, please let us know in the comments section below. Keep visiting for more helpful tech tips!