There is no doubt that iCUE or Corsair Utility Engine is one of the most trusted device management software in the market today. It is an all-in-one program to monitor and customize the performance of all peripheral devices attached to your computer, such as keyboard, mouse, audio headsets, etc. The software gets updated consistently and thus, mostly remains hassle-free. However, few users have complained of getting an error message No device detected in iCUE. It can occur due to a variety of reasons and requires to be resolved to restore proper functioning of all peripherals. Through this guide, you will get to learn how to fix iCUE not detecting devices error. So, continue reading!
How to Fix iCUE No Device Detected
Many reasons can be attributed to iCUE No Device Detected error and they would vary from one operating system to another. We have attempted to list the most common causes for this error message:
- Device controls not under iCUE: Sometimes, by mistake, your peripheral devices no longer remain under the control of iCUE.
- Outdated CUE: Because Corsair Utility is designed to work with the latest software and hardware, an outdated version of CUE will have trouble functioning smoothly. You must ensure timely updates of all programs to avoid issues.
- BIOS Switch not in the correct position: BIOS Switch is used to switch to different modes. If the switch is not in the desired position, it will become hard for the Corsair Utility Engine to recognize your device.
- Hardware troubles: In certain cases, it is possible that your utility device does not support your hardware and wouldn’t recognize it, at all.
- Malfunctioning USB port: If you have a malfunctioning USB port, the device you have plugged in, might not be recognized.
- Corrupt CUE profile: The Corsair Utility controls the response of devices through various profiles stored in it. If any one of these is glitched or corrupt, then your device might not function properly.
Having understood the reasons for this issue, you can now proceed with the solutions to fix iCUE not detecting devices on your Windows 10 desktop/laptops.
Method 1: Restart Corsair Utility Engine
To get rid of common bugs and glitches, a simple fix is to restart your device as follows:
1. Close Corsair Utility that is currently running on your computer.
2. Type Task Manager in the Windows search bar and click on Open, as illustrated in the pic below.
3. Under Processes tab, search for CUE (Corsair Utility Engine).
4. Right-click on CUE and select End task. We have explained this step for Cortana as an example.
Restart your system to verify if iCUE no device detected error is rectified.
Method 2: Reinstall Corsair Utility Engine
Since outdated CUE might cause this error, updating it to the latest version should solve it. In this method, we shall make some changes in Registry values and try to fix iCUE not detecting devices issue.
Note: Before making any changes to the registry editor, make sure to backup registry editor settings so that you can restore any data lost during the operation.
1. Open the Run dialogue box by pressing Windows + R keys together.
2. Type regedit in the Run command box and click OK, as depicted.
3. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE in the Registry Editor.
4. Then, click on Corsair folder and press Delete to remove it from the system.
5. Launch Control Panel by searching for it in the Windows search bar, as depicted.
6. Select Programs & Features, as highlighted in the pic below, after clicking View by > Large icons from the top-right corner.
7. In the Uninstall or change a program window, right-click on Corsair and then, click Uninstall. We have explained this step taking Adobe Acrobat DC as an example below.
8. Reboot the computer to complete the Corsair uninstallation process.
10. Right-click the downloaded file and choose Run as administrator.
11. Install the program and its updates, and restart the computer once again.
The iCUE no device detected error should be fixed, by now. If not, try the next fix.
Also Read: Fix HDMI No Sound in Windows 10
Method 3: Update Windows Operating System
Here’s how to fix no device detected in Corsair Utility Engine (iCUE) by updating your Windows OS to the latest version:
1. To open the Settings panel, press the Window + I keys simultaneously.
2. Click on Update & Security, as shown.
3. Click on the Check for Updates button, as highlighted in the given pic.
4. If the Windows cannot find any new updates, the following message will be displayed: You’re up to date.
5. If any updates are available, the same will be displayed and Windows will update itself.
6. Restart your computer. Then, launch Corsair Utility Engine to confirm that all devices are being detected and functioning properly.
Method 4: Disable Associated Hardware & Software
Some users claimed that disabling all other programs associated with Corsair and its iCUE helped solve this issue. This could be because of various third-party programs interfering with the functioning of CUE. Execute the following instructions to do the same:
1. Disconnect the keyboard or any other peripheral devices from the computer.
2. Launch Device Manager by searching for it in the Windows search bar, as shown.
3. Click on View > Show hidden devices, as depicted.
4. Expand Keyboards by double-clicking on it.
5. Click on the device and then Uninstall it from here.
6. Repeat the same for all associated devices.
Check if you’re able to fix iCUE not detecting devices problem on your computer.
Method 5: Reinstall Device Drivers
1. Launch Device Manager as instructed earlier.
2. Expand the Human Interface Devices segment by double-clicking on it.
3. Right-click Corsair and click on Uninstall device.
4. Next, detach the connector from the peripheral. Wait a few seconds and then, reconnect it to your desktop/laptop.
5. Click on Action in the Device Manager window and then click Scan for hardware changes, as highlighted below.
This will aid in the reinstallation of your device and Corsair Utility Engine should now be free of the iCUE no device detected issue.
Also Read: Fix Graphics Card not detected in Windows 10
Method 6: Create a New CUE Profile
Creating a new CUE profile will get rid of all glitches associated with the existing profile and thus, fix iCUE no device detected error. This method is highly recommended for users who are unable to configure the peripheral RGB colors.
1. Launch the Corsair app and navigate to the Home screen.
2. To build a new profile, click on the + (plus) icon next to Profiles.
3. Name the new profile and then, click Create to build it.
4. Next, right-click the attached devices and choose Default.
5. Save these modifications and exit iCUE.
6. Restart the program and verify that it is set to the highest priority setting.
You should now toggle between the two to verify that the RGB colors are functioning properly in the newly created CUE profile.
If the above-mentioned methods fails to fix this error, try the hardware fixes listed below.
Method 7: Adjust the BIOS Switch
If you own a Corsair keyboard, you are probably aware of the multiple BIOS switches located at the back of the peripheral. Such switches allow you to tailor keyboard configuration to your specific needs. Although, if the appropriate BIOS switch is not activated, the peripherals will not be connected to the Utility Engine and will cause iCUE not to detect devices issue. Implement the given steps to verify & rectify BIOS switch settings:
1. Verify that the peripheral is properly wired to the appropriate USB port.
2. Locate the BIOS Switch on the back of the peripheral. It should be labeled BIOS. Adjust the mode of the switch.
3. Reconnect the peripheral; the CUE should recognize the keyboard now.
4. If it is still unable to find the peripheral, adjust the BIOS mode to resolve this issue.
5. Likewise, you can test it by deleting the peripheral. After rewiring the peripheral, hold the ESC key. This is a hard reset for the device, and it can assist in detecting the keyboard.
Method 8: Change USB ports
Although, Corsair Utility Engine completely supports USB 2.0 ports; in some instances, the Utility could search for only 3.0 ports. It is also likely that the USB port to which your peripheral was attached is not functioning properly. Hence, you should perform these basic checks:
1. Change the port to which the peripheral is attached.
2. Additionally, if you were plugging in the front ports, use the ports on the back of your PC monitor or CPU instead.
3. Switch USB ports from 3.0 to 2.0 port or vice-versa.
Method 9: Fix Hardware Compatibility Issues
If the peripheral does not accept the iCUE app, it cannot be linked in any way. We came across several users who believed that their peripheral supported RGB colors; when, in fact, it supported static or pre-defined colors only. Hence, we recommend:
- Search for the packaging or model number of your peripheral and consult Corsair’s official website for the list of compatible devices.
- Visit Corsair Help for support & guidance for its devices.
If you are unable to connect your device with your computer, regardless of what you do, you should replace the faulty hardware.
Method 10: Update Firmware
Updating the firmware on your computer will help improve its performance as well as resolve CUE errors. But, before proceeding to do so perform these checks:
- Verify that you have a stable internet connection.
- The device requiring updates is connected to your PC.
- CUE should be used to upgrade the firmware.
1. Launch Corsair Utility Engine and select Settings.
2. Select the Device which needs to be updated.
3. Check the option titled Force update to update the desired firmware.
4. Finally, click the Update button from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
Method 11: Perform a System Restore
Certain unwanted issues, such as lost audio, arise after the Corsair Utility Engine is upgraded. If uninstalling CUE does not resolve the update errors, a system restore can be performed. System restore will restore the system to a previous update, which should resolve the iCUE no device detected issue.
- Read our article on How to use System Restore with the help of our step-by-step guide.
- After rolling back the device to a previous version, update Corsair Utility Engine.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1. Why is the iCUE not detecting devices?
There could be many reasons for your iCUE not detecting devices. Briefly, some of them can be:
- Hardware troubles.
- BIOS Switch is not in the desired position.
- Faulty or incompatible USB port.
- Outdated versions of iCUE or Windows OS or both.
Read this article for more comprehensive information on its causes and ways to fix it.
Q2. How do I fix no device detected in iCUE?
Well, there are many steps that you can take to fix errors related to no device detected in iCUE. It varies from one operating system to another and also what particular kind of problem is faced by the user. We have compiled a detailed list of 11 methods to solve iCUE not detecting devices issue.
Q3. What is the Procedure for Updating My Corsair Utility Engine?
You may either visit the corsair website or manually download the corsair utility engine. Updating CUE entails updating any firmware system that supports CUE.
1. Open the CUE and head to the Settings menu.
2. To upgrade a device, click on the download button for that device.
3. Selecting Update > CUE will automatically upgrade the utility, allowing you to use its entire range of functionality.
Q4. How is Corsair Utility Engine defined?
Corsair Utility Engine, or CUE, is a sophisticated software package that manages peripheral devices and enhances their functionality. CUE monitors everything from the keyboard to the mousepad, so if the firmware has to be updated. To learn more about CUE, you can visit its official website.
- Fix File System Errors with Check Disk Utility (CHKDSK)
- Fix Unreal Engine Exiting Due To D3D Device Being Lost
- How to Fix Kindle book not downloading
- How to Record Discord Audio
Core Engine Utility is one of the greatest innovations for modern-day gamers. We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to fix iCUE not detecting devices error in Corsair Utility Engine. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries or comments regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.