Losing an important Twitter message can be distressing, and the frustration and helplessness can be overwhelming.
While recovering deleted messages can be a little tricky, it’s not impossible.
In this article, we’ll guide you through various potential methods to retrieve deleted Twitter messages.
How to Retrieve Deleted Twitter Messages
You cannot retrieve deleted messages directly, but there are workarounds that may or may not work.
Whether you want to regain your private conversation or a precious memory, you’ll be relieved to know that it is indeed possible by some means.
Method 1: Via Data Archive
Data Archive is a useful feature of Twitter that allows users to access their entire history even those messages that have been deleted.
This may take 24 hours or longer to get your data ready.
1. Open the Twitter application on your Android device and tap on your Profile icon.
2. Select Settings & Support > Settings and privacy.
3. Now, tap on the Your account option.
4. Tap on Download an archive of your data.
5. To continue, enter your Twitter password.
6. Choose Email or Text message for the verification process.
7. Enter the verification code and tap on Next.
8. Tap on Request archive.
9. Once you receive mail from Twitter, click on the download link to download the archive data from your PC.
Note: You can only download the archive data from your PC up to a certain period. After that, the link provided will not work.
Method 2: Ask Your Friend
Twitter messages may still be visible to other people even if you deleted the messages from your end.
If you have mistakenly deleted your direct messages on Twitter and want to regain access to them, a straightforward method is to kindly request the other person you were conversing with to send a screenshot or forward the messages back to you.
Method 3: Contact Support Team
You can also contact the Twitter Support team to recover your deleted messages in case of any lawsuits.
But there is no assurance that they will provide you with the deleted messages.
Method 4: Use Third-Party Tools
Note: We do not endorse any such apps that offer such services; therefore, use these at your discretion.
Also Read: How to Download Twitter Spaces
Why Recover Deleted Twitter Messages?
There are numerous reasons why people want to recover their deleted messages including:
- To get valuable insights from past interactions that can improve business and marketing strategies
- As evidence to support a claim in some legal cases
- Regain important information such as links or instructions to sites and documents that were accidentally deleted
How to Prevent Twitter Messages From Being Deleted Unintentionally
To prevent Twitter Messages from being deleted unintentionally you can follow these tips:
- Double-check before deleting
- Create a backup regularly
- Enable Two-Factor Authentication to avoid deletion of messages by unauthorized users
What is the Twitter Archive and How Can It Help Me Retrieve Deleted Messages?
Twitter archive is a useful feature offered by Twitter that allows you to download your entire history of Twitter activity including followers, tweets, likes, and direct messages (DMs).
How Long Does Twitter Store Deleted DMs?
There is no official information about the time period the deleted DMs are stored.
If you delete your Twitter account, the deletion process takes approximately 30 days to completely get deleted.
Once the 30-day period is over, your account will be completely deleted, including your DMs, tweets, and followers.
By following these methods, you can effortlessly reconnect with past interactions and rebuild your social media presence.
We hope now you understand how to retrieve deleted Twitter messages.
If you have any queries or ideas to share, don’t hesitate to drop them in the comments section below. Keep visiting Techcult for more interesting and informative articles.