Ready to become part of the Yelp community and share your thoughts on local businesses? You’re in the right place. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the simple steps to create an account on Yelp. Whether you want to leave reviews, discover new spots, or connect with local businesses, creating a Yelp account is the first step.
How to Create Account on Yelp
Follow the below steps to create account on Yelp:
1. Go to the Yelp website.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon > Sign Up.
3. Enter your name, email address, password, and zip code in the respective boxes.
4. Then, tap on Sign Up.
Note: If you want, you can also enter your birthdate in the given field.
5. Add a profile photo and find friends on the subsequent pages to successfully set up your Yelp account.
Your account will successfully be created. This is how you create an account on Yelp.
How to Set Up a Yelp Business Account?
Is it worth creating an account on Yelp? Yes, Yelp will help you to connect with new customers and grow your business.
Do you know that 90+ million people visit Yelp each month to reach restaurants and find home services? A survey tells us that 97% of the people who visit Yelp make a purchase. So, having a strong presence on Yelp will help you to get potential customers.
After knowing how to create account on Yelp, follow the steps to set up a Yelp business account:
1. Visit the Yelp for Business website and enter your business name.
2A. Tap on the desired results from the business suggestions list.
2B. Or tap on Add to Yelp for free.
3. Enter your business email address and tap on Continue.
Note: Email address will help you to check what is happening with your page.
4. Enter all the business details and tap on Add business from the bottom of the page.
5. You will get an email regarding the confirmation of your email. Tap on the Confirm email address link from that email to verify your email ID.
6. Then, enter your name and password to start claiming your business and tap on Done.
You will have to complete your page by following the onscreen instructions. You will get the update once your business page is verified. It may take a few days to get the notification about it.
What is Yelp Business?
The Yelp Business has a website and mobile app that helps connect people with your local businesses. Yelp is a platform to find, review and talk about local businesses. It connects people with local businesses by showing them reviews, pictures, opening hours, and other details in an easy-to-use format. Users can post their own reviews and photos of the business to help others make better decisions. Yelp also provides information on the best times to visit the business based on when they are busiest or have special events going on.
Also Read: What is Ethical Hacking?
Is Yelp Free or Paid?
Yes, Yelp is a free application. You can create your business page for reaching a lot of customers for free on Yelp. Yelp doesn’t take any charges or any kind of handling fee from you.
Note: If you want to add a call-to-action button on your business page, the customer can directly contact your business. Yelp will charge $1 per day.
Is It Free to Use Yelp?
Yes, consumers can use Yelp for free to search the businesses. It is also free to create a business page on Yelp.
Should I Claim My Business on Yelp?
Yes, you should claim your business on Yelp. Claiming your business on Yelp will help attract new customers and build brand awareness. Yelp reviews can also be filtered by categories like service, price, parking, etc. Thus, claiming your business on Yelp is a good idea if you want to rank high on this review site. It is advisable to claim your business on Yelp because it will help connect with customers who are near you and interested in your service or product.
Why Can’t I Login to Yelp Account?
You can login to Yelp for Business only if you have claimed your business page and created an account on it. There can be some reasons why you are facing issues while the process of login; like: Incorrect email or password, etc. You should make sure you are using the correct email address while logging in. It is quite possible that you have created your page with your working email and trying to log in with your personal one.
Note: If you have recently added your business to Yelp, you need approval as new business additions are first approved by Yelp moderators, and this process may take a while.
How to Login to Yelp Account?
You will be able to login to your Yelp account by going through these steps:
1. Open any Browser app on your phone. We have used the Google Chrome app for demonstration purposes.
2. Visit the Yelp website.
3. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner of the page.
4. Tap on Log In from the drop-down menu.
5. Now, enter your registered email ID and password in the respective fields.
6. Then, tap on Log In.
Note: If you have forgotten your password, tap on Forget password? and follow the instructions to reset your password.
Also Read: How to Create an Account at Walmart
How Do I Post on Yelp as a Business?
You can post your business on Yelp with the help of the steps mentioned above. All submitted business details will be verified by Yelp moderators to confirm. Provide as much information as you can when adding a business to Yelp, as it will be approved faster and appear in search results. It takes two business days or maybe less than that. Read this article from the start to learn how to create account on Yelp.
How to Manage Yelp Account Settings?
Follow the steps to manage Yelp account settings:
1. Visit the Yelp website on your browser.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Click on the profile icon > Account Settings option from the top right corner.
3. Your profile page will open. Now, click on Add/Edit button next to the desired field to change it.
4. After making your changes, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click on Save Changes.
Note: You can also change your email address, password, friends, location, etc. from here.
How to Post Yelp Reviews?
If you want to review a business that you have visited recently, follow the below steps to post Yelp reviews:
1. From your Yelp account dashboard, click on Write a Review from the top right corner.
2. Enter the desired business name and business address in the available search bars and click on the search icon to make a search.
3. Click on the desired business from the search results.
4. Click on the desired rating star to place the rating and write your review in the below review box.
5. Click on the Attach Photos box to browse and add photos to your review.
6. Finally, click on Post Review to upload your review for that business successfully.
Your review will be successfully submitted. If you post Yelp reviews, it will help businesses to grow.
Also Read: How to Delete Yelp Account
How to Visit Yelp Reviews Help Page?
Remember, you can review what you want according to your experience on business pages. But if your review violates the terms of service of Yelp, it will be removed by the Yelp moderators. To visit the Yelp reviews help page, visit the Yelp Reviews & Photos Support Center page on your browser. And you will get all the review-related queries answered here.
How to View Yelp Reviews?
If you see your posted review on your profile but not getting it on the business page, it is not currently being recommended. Reviews are only removed if they are found against Yelp’s Terms of Service, or if your account has been closed altogether.
After you create account on Yelp, you can view your posted Yelp reviews by going through these steps:
1. Navigate the Yelp website on your browser and Log In to your account.
2. Click on the profile icon > About Me option from the top right corner.
3. Click on the Reviews option from the left pane to see all the reviews you have posted on your Yelp account.
How to Contact Yelp Support?
You can contact Yelp support via:
- Phone number: (877) 767-9357
- Email ID: email@example.com
Yelp customer care team will provide you with the solution as soon as they get your query.
How to Contact Yelp Restaurant Support?
You can contact Yelp Restaurant support through:
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: (877) 571-9357
Note: The phone line is open only from Monday to Friday.
- How to Restart iPhone X
- How to Install and Use AceStream
- How are Flirt.com Reviews?
- How to create a Gmail Account without Phone Number Verification
So, we hope you have understood how to create account on Yelp and manage Yelp account settings with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.