Waze is a famous navigation software known for its easy-to-recognize symbols and icons that help with navigation. Each symbol has a unique purpose that changes depending on the driving situation. If you’ve ever wondered about the meaning of Waze symbols, read on to find out their diverse interpretations.
Table of Contents
What Do All the Waze Symbols Mean?
Waze uses a variety of symbols to represent different things on the map. Here are some of the most common symbols:
- Police officer: A blue police officer icon means that there is a police officer on the road ahead.
- Red light camera: A red camera icon means that there is a red light camera at the intersection ahead.
- Speed trap: A yellow police icon means that a speed trap has been reported in the area.
- Accident: A black triangle icon with a car inside means that there is an accident ahead.
- Hazard: A black triangle icon with an exclamation point means that there is a hazard ahead, such as a construction zone or a disabled vehicle.
- Closed road: A black X icon means that the road is closed ahead.
- Traffic: A series of red cars means that there is traffic in the area. The more red cars, the more traffic there is.
- Your location: A blue dot with your avatar icon means your current location.
- Your destination: A green flag symbol on Waze means your destination.
- Other Waze users: Other Waze users are represented by small car icons. The color of the car icon represents the mood of the user.
- Waze mods: Waze mods are represented by a special icon. Mods are volunteers who help to improve the Waze map and community.
Also Read: List of Facebook Symbols Meaning Explained
What are the Characters on Waze?
Waze offers a range of characters, known as moods, which allow you to express yourself to other users. These moods vary from silly to serious.
What Does the Candy on Waze Mean?
The meaning of the candy symbol on Waze is that you can earn bonus points by driving over it. A bonus candy will appear on the route ahead when you complete a certain achievement. Drive over the candy to collect it and earn points. The number of points you earn depends on the size of the candy.
What are the Little Ghosts on Waze?
The little ghosts on Waze are not actually ghosts. They are called moods and are a way for Waze users to express themselves to other Waze users. There are many different moods to choose from, including cats, dogs, smiley faces, and even a ghost.
Can Waze Tell You Where Cops are?
No, Waze cannot tell you where cops are; it can only show you the location of the cop’s usual checkpoint. Up until now, there has been no symbol or something on Waze that can detect the location of cops.
What Do Red Dots Mean on Waze?
Red dots on Waze can mean an Open request.
What Does Purple Mean on Waze?
When you are on the default route, Waze will automatically display the purple icon. Usually, the purple icon remains visible unless there is traffic or a new route.
How Do You Get a Sword on Waze?
When you rank in the top 10% of high scorers in your driving region, you’ll receive a sword. However, it’s important to maintain your position to keep the sword, as dropping below the 10% threshold will result in the automatic loss of the sword.
Through this article, we have addressed all your doubts regarding what all the Waze symbols mean. We have provided comprehensive details and information on the significance of each symbol. If you have any other doubts, feel free to write them in the comment section.