Are you an artist? Then Krita is one of the best animation tools to download. However, if you don’t want to use this tool, or if your question is, Do professional artists use Krita? Then read this article till the end. Here you’ll know all about this software. Also, we will tell you how to set up Krita for Animation and how to use Krita. So, are you excited? Then read it till the end. But first, let’s know that is krita good for Animation.
Table of Contents
Is Krita Good for Animation?
Krita is one of best tool to create 2D animation very easily. Here we have explained about the features, how to use the app and also shown some of the alternatives to this tool.
What is Krita Animation?
In 1998, Matthias Ettrich developed this software for painting digitally. So you can guess that it is not at all a newbie. Many artists love this software, and it even has which was opened in 2009 to support its development.
- It is a professional tool that artists use to draw their art. The best thing about this software program is that Krita is open source and free! So, if you are a struggling artist, and don’t have money to invest in expensive software, use it. According to TechRadar, it is the #NO1 best free painting tool in 2019.
- However, if you want to animate using this tool, it is possible. Although it started as a painting software, after 2015, it also included an animation feature. You can access this feature after changing your workspace to Animation.
- It is a very famous tool that you can search on YouTube, and many tutorials are available. Also, they have teaching materials of their own on Krita website. This app has many features; let’s see some of them.
Features of Krita
- Krita has a very clean and easy-to-use interface. Which is also very flexible, and you can customize it very easily.
- You can create 2D raster animations easily.
- It has both dark and light themes. It also has beautiful brushes, built-in vector tools, and brush stabilizers.
- You can even open PSD files that sometimes photoshop fails to open! Yes, it is true, as this software is an open source program.
- You can use HDR painting to create high-quality artwork.
- Krita has its API, which is called PythonQT. It lets you customize the software according to your need with Plug-ins.
- Sites like PCGAMER, Lifehacker, and Cnet, use this program has given their quotes for this software.
- Krita uses GNU or General Public Licence, which makes it free to use; you can also get the source code. So it solves your query, Is Krita free?
Some Disadvantages of Krita
It is a famous software and has many advantages. But being famous doesn’t mean that it is flaw free. There are some things which you might not like about Krita. However, the benefits outshine the flaws that is certain.
- As we said, it is mainly a painting app, so the tutorials available for Animation are limited.
- Features that help you create 2D animations in Krita are also pretty limited.
- It is free and open-source software with a GNU license, which is the best thing about this software. But it also means that the support is limited. The best you can do to get help is to read an online blog, watch youtube videos, or go to forums. No human chat support is available.
- The features are limited; still, the interface can be overwhelming for some users, especially if they are beginners.
However, we don’t think it is a big deal, as every software that does things like Animation or editing has a learning curve. We hope it helped you to solve your problem, is Krita good for Animation. If not, then read ahead to know how to set up Krita for Animation.
Also Read: How to Set an Animated Wallpaper on Windows 10
How to Use Krita Animation?
As we said, many tutorials on YouTube and their website can be used to learn Krita. However, if you want to download it, that is very simple; you just need to go to their website and install the application. We are sharing with you the steps and how to set up Krita for Animation.
1. Open Krita’s official website and click on GET KRITA NOW.
2. Now, click on Windows Installer 64-bit to install the file.
3. Go to Downloads, click on Open file, and install it as you install other software.
5. Open the Krita, hover on Windows, and click on Workspace. There select Animation.
Although in previous versions, you needed to use the docker and enable some settings to use the animation feature. Now with this new version, after selecting the Animation from workspace, Krita will set up everything for you. We think this answers your questions about how to set up Krita for Animation and how to use Krita. And also, after knowing how to use it, you might find the answer to your other question: Is Krita good for beginners?
Note: System Requirement to use Krita: Windows 8.1 and higher versions. You can also use this software if you have 4GB or higher RAM.
Also Read: 20 Best Free 2D Animation Software for Windows 10
Alternatives of Krita Animation
We know that you query is, is Krita good for Animation? And don’t get us wrong, Krita is a very good app. But if there is any feature you don’t like, then there is also some alternative to this software, and you can also use them. There might be many reasons for not liking Krita.
For example, mainly Krita software is for painting. However, you can do animations in it, but the features you get are very limited. Like you can only make 2D raster images. If you are using it for creating paintings, it might be one of the best software. But for Animation, there are other good options available.
1. Cinema 4D
Want to create 3D Animation? Then this is one of the best software to use. Maxon allows you to create great animations with the cutting-edge software Cinema 3D.
- Now create MoGraph with the award-winning technology.
- Cinema 4D is available in multiple languages like Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, French, and English.
- Want inspiration, Cinema 4D provides you with that too! They have a very talented community; you can get inspired by their work.
2. Adobe Animate
As we know, Adobe is a big software giant that offers a lot of software. For example, Adobe Photoshop, Premier Pro, and Acrobat. However, one of the software we talk less about is Adobe Animate. If you are an animator, this is a powerful tool.
- It has a free trial, with which you can look at its services.
- Learn to use Adobe Animate with its high-quality tutorials.
- If you like to create 2D Animation, this is the software for you, as you can create great 2D Animation with this software.
Also Read: Is Photoshop Express Free?
3. Pencil 2D
Want a free alternative like Krita that can help you to do 2D animations? Then Pencil 2D is one of the best software that.
- It is open-source software with GNU license, which makes it free. So you can use it even commercially!
- It is a cross-platform software with Windows, MacOS, FreeBSD, and Linux support.
Do you need software that works on PCs with lower configurations? Then MOHO can be an option for you. Create 2D animations with MOHO and share your creativity with the world.
- If you want a software for which you don’t have to pay on a monthly basis, then MOHO is the right choice as they allow you a one-time-purchase option. Starting from only 59.99 dollars. Their Pro version costs only 399.99 dollars.
- Now you can easily import Photoshop files in this software.
- It has wind dynamics, which helps you to put life into your art.
Sometimes beating the premium tools, Blender is one of the best software you can use for Animation. However, it also has some downsides, as it is a full-fledged animation creating software, which is very hard to learn, so if you are a beginner, then a learning curve is waiting for you, which is so big that it is scary.
- Blender is available on multiple platforms. Be it Mac, Windows, or Linux.
- It is a very popular software, so you will easily get many YouTube tutorials to learn this software. So, learning Blender is free.
- Do 3D animations easily.
- 9 Ways to Fix Xbox Game Pass Install Error 0x800700e9 on PC
- Fix Procreate Fill Color Not Working
- How to Add Text in Photoshop
- Blender Shortcut Keys: Complete List of Commands to Boost Productivity
This was the article. We hope it helped to solve your query, is Krita good for Animation? As we learned that Krita is one of the best tools, a beginner can use to do Animation. But it is generally used for creating paintings and doing art. However, if you are finding software that is free and easy to use, then download Krita. If you have any doubts or requests for other articles, don’t feel shy about using the comments section. We will be happy to help. Thank you for reading.