Want a world where your scanner or camera effortlessly syncs with your computer? Yes, it’s possible with the Windows Image Acquisition or WIA driver! It allows the scanner to connect and communicate with the Windows PC. In this guide, we will discuss how to download WIA driver on Windows 10 and 11 to ensure you have a seamless integration between devices.
How to Download WIA Driver on Windows 10/11
Every product manufacturer’s official website features an online help area. You may obtain the drivers for any sort of Windows PC from this support website.
What is a WIA Driver on Windows 10?
A WIA (Windows Image Acquisition) driver for Windows 10 is a piece of software that helps the operating system and image devices such as scanners, digital cameras, and webcams communicate with one another. WIA is a Microsoft technology that allows these devices to be recognized and utilized by Windows 10 without the need for additional software or drivers from the device manufacturer.
WIA drivers are a convenient way to scan documents, take pictures, and import images into other Windows applications without the need to download additional software. Windows 10 provides built-in support for a wide range of imaging devices through the use of these WIA drivers, making it easy for users to connect and use their devices for various imaging-related tasks.
Follow the given steps to download WIA drivers on Windows 10 as well as on 11 from its official website:
1. If you are using any scanner, then search for that driver on the official website of the scanner manufacturer in the browser. Here, we have downloaded from Canon.
2. Next, click on Download.
3. Click on Yes in the dialog box to proceed.
4. Extract the downloaded folder. Run the .exe file within the Driver folder and follow the on-screen instructions to setup the driver.
5. Finally, restart your computer.
Your WIA Driver is now successfully installed.
Also Read: 19 Best Scanner Software for Windows 10
How to Update WIA Driver on Windows 10/11
There are two ways to update WIA Driver on your Windows 10 as well as 11. Let’s check them out.
Method 1: Using Windows Integrated Device Manager
The most effective tool for downloading and updating WIA drivers on any Windows computer is the Device Manager.
1. Press Win + X on the keyboard and click on Device Manager.
2. Click on Imaging Device to expand your options and right-click on the device. Then, click on Update driver.
3. Select the option Search automatically for updated driver software.
4. After updating the drivers for every product listed under Imaging Devices, restart your computer.
Method 2: Update Windows
By default, Windows Updates include bug fixes, security updates, new features, and enhancements, along with the most recent drivers. It may come as a surprise to you, but Windows Update can assist in installing the WIA driver for Windows 11 and other older operating systems. If you are unsure of how to access the Windows update utility, follow these steps:
1. Click on the search bar on the home screen of your PC and search check for updates.
2. After the program loads, click the Check for updates option to search for updates.
3. Now download and install the updates manually if they don’t start automatically.
With the right WIA driver, your scanner can be a powerful tool in your digital arsenal, making tasks easier and more efficient. We hope this guide has helped you how to download WIA driver on Windows 10/11. If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know in the comments below.