Do you ever wonder what happens to iMessages when your Phone is dead or turned off? If you sent a text right before your phone went dead, you might not be sure if iMessage delivered your text or not. Don’t worry as many Apple users have this question. In this article, we’ll explain how iMessages function in such situations and how long it takes for them to be delivered.
Table of Contents
Do iMessages Deliver When the Phone Is Dead?
iMessage is an exclusive iPhone service enabling communication with fellow Apple users. When your iPhone is powered off or malfunctioning, iMessage won’t arrive. This is due to the need for an active internet connection. Nevertheless, if the recipient owns functional Apple devices like an iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac connected to the network, they may still receive your iMessage on those gadgets.
At times, when someone’s phone is turned off, the iMessage may appear as delivered. This can occur if they have another device that is both active and connected to the internet. In such cases, the iMessage will be sent to that device and marked as delivered.
What is iMessage?
iMessage is an instant messaging service that allows Apple device users to send text messages, photos, videos, and other multimedia content to one another using an internet connection. Unlike traditional SMS, iMessage uses an internet connection or Wi-Fi to transmit messages, offering several advantages over conventional messaging services. It is a great way to communicate with other Apple device users.
Here are the following features of iMessage, this will help you know what is iMessage:
- With iMessage, users may send and receive text messages easily.
- Through iMessage, users may send and receive multimedia information such as images, videos, voice messages, documents, and more.
- iMessage uses end-to-end encryption to make sure that only the sender and receiver can access the content of their messages, prioritizing user privacy and security.
- With the use of group chats, which iMessage offers, users can start and join conversations involving several recipients. Group chats allow users to interact, share media, and schedule activities.
- A wide variety of animated stickers, emoticons, and GIFs are available in iMessage to express feelings and give discussions a more unique feel.
- iMessage offers read receipts, which show when a message has been sent and when the recipient has received it.
- Users of iMessage have access to several apps and extensions that add features to discussions including games, weather updates, restaurant bookings, and more.
- Users of the messaging program may send and receive money securely using Apple Pay.
- Through iCloud sync, iMessage ensures that conversations are backed up and accessible on all Apple devices.
Also Read: How to Turn Off Deliver Quietly on iMessage
How Long Will iMessage Try to Deliver?
It’s important to note that when a phone is turned off or dead, Apple stores the messages sent to that account on its servers. Once the iPhone is powered on and connected to the internet, the messages will be sent to the device. The messages won’t be lost, but there might be a delay in receiving them because the recipient needs to turn their phone back on.
The duration for which iMessage will attempt to deliver the message to a dead iPhone is not specified. It will keep trying to send the message until the recipient’s phone is turned on and connected to the internet. However, if the message is not sent within a certain period of time, it may be automatically removed from Apple’s servers. But remember, if the recipient’s phone is dead or turned off, the messages will not be delivered. So, if you’re waiting for a response and the person is not replying, their phone may be dead.
Do Messages Deliver When Phone is on DND?
When an iPhone is set to Do Not Disturb mode, all incoming calls, texts, and Facebook and Twitter notifications are silent and kept hidden from the user until DND mode is switched off. DND does not stop text messages or iMessages from being delivered on an iPhone, so iMessage will still say delivered if the phone is in this mode. You won’t hear or see any form of notice when someone calls or texts you while you’re in DND mode.
Also Read: What Does Delivered Mean on Snapchat?
But you can use the Emergency Bypass option if you want to receive messages from particular contacts while in DND mode. To ensure that you don’t miss any crucial calls or messages from specific contacts, this function enables you to add specific contacts to bypass DND mode and ring through. So it is a clear answer to do messages deliver when the phone is on DND.
We hope this guide helped answer your questions about whether iMessages can be delivered when the phone is dead. If you have any further queries or suggestions, please feel free to leave them in the comments section below. We are here to assist you.