Skillshare strives to provide high-quality content and a satisfying learning experience. However, you might still feel dissatisfied with their service due to instructor teaching styles or the irrelevance of the course to your needs. Regardless of the reason, follow this guide until the end to find out about the possibility to get a refund from Skillshare and learn how long it may take once it is approved.
Table of Contents
Can I Get a Refund from Skillshare?
Yes, you can get a refund from Skillshare, but only if you follow certain terms and conditions. You can get a refund from Skillshare directly in your original mode of payment only if:
- You have contacted Skillshare within 14 days of your payment.
- You have not requested and received a refund from Skillshare before.
- You have subscribed to the annual membership plan of Skillshare, which costs $168 upfront.
- You have purchased the membership plan through PayPal or a Credit card directly from the Skillshare website.
How to Get a Skillshare Refund?
If you have subscribed to the annual membership plan of Skillshare, you need to submit a refund request within 14 days of payment. To contact Skillshare and submit a refund request, follow the detailed steps mentioned below:
Note: If you have purchased a Skillshare membership through Google Play Store or iOS App Store, you cannot receive reimbursement by contacting Skillshare this way. The refund policies will be governed by Google Play Refund Policy and iOS Refund Policy respectively.
1. Navigate to the Skillshare Request form on your web browser.
2. Expand the drop-down menu for the What can we help you with? field and select Billing Questions.
3. Enter your email address in the Your email address field.
4. Enter your Request for Refund in the Subject field.
5. In the Share a quick summary of your issue field, briefly write that you want a refund upon cancellation of your Skillshare membership.
6. Type your name in the Name and Email ID linked to your Skillshare account on the respective fields.
7. Select the payment method option through which you purchased the Skillshare membership from the Please select your payment method drop-down menu.
8. Select your reason for the refund and then click on Submit to raise your refund request.
To request a refund if you have subscribed to Skillshare through Google Play, you need to visit the Google Play Refund Request page. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to submit a reimbursement request.
Also, to request your subscription money back if you have purchased a Skillshare membership through Apple App Store, you need to sign in on the Apple Report a Problem page with your Apple ID, and then follow the on-screen steps to submit the request.
What is Skillshare Refund Policy?
Learning the Skillshare refund policy will clear all your queries regarding whether you are eligible for a refund from Skillshare. The refund policy of Skillshare is as follows:
- It allows only one refund per customer. This means that if you have purchased a Skillshare membership before and have requested and received a refund for the same, you are not eligible to receive a reimbursement again.
- It does not offer refunds for monthly memberships that are priced at $32 per month. It only offers refunds for annual memberships priced at $168 per month.
- For annual memberships, it does not offer refunds after 14 days of your payment. You need to contact Skillshare within a time span of 14 days after your charge has been processed.
- If you purchased a Skillshare membership through a SEPA direct debit, reimbursement can be requested up to 8 weeks after your payment has been processed.
- If you have signed up through the 30-day money-back guarantee offer of Skillshare, you are eligible to request a repayment up to 30 days after the processing of your payment.
- If you have subscribed to a Skillshare for Teams plan, your cancellations and refunds are governed by the terms and conditions of the specific contract with Skillshare. You need to refer to the Payments and Subscriptions FAQs for Skillshare for Teams.
Note: If you are eligible for a refund, it will be issued within 15 to 30 business days. However, if you have a monthly subscription plan or received a refund for a previous annual membership, no refund will be issued after canceling your membership. You will retain access to all videos, classes, and projects until the end of your current payment period. The membership will not renew automatically, but you can initiate a payment to renew it at any time.
How Long Does Skillshare Take to Refund?
Skillshare does not have an official and fixed answer to this question. However, Skillshare takes approximately 15 to 30 days to process your refund, if you are eligible to get a refund. The reimbursement time for Skillshare memberships purchased through Google Play or the iOS App Store is determined by their respective policies.
After learning that you can get a refund from Skillshare, you can use the method explained in this guide to request reimbursement. If you face any difficulties during this process, feel free to share your concerns in the comments below, and we’ll be happy to address your queries.