Facebook gives us a chance to not only build friendships and thrive in the community but also enliven groups. As group admins, it’s we who open the virtual doors wide to extend a welcome to all those joining our online family. So, why settle for a mundane hello when we can drumroll, pop the confetti, and make their entry a joyous occasion? In today’s article, we will discuss how to create a post and welcome new members to a Facebook Group on PC. Let’s get started.
How to Welcome New Members to a Facebook Group on PC
The first and foremost step to creating a positive community is to extend a heartfelt welcome to new members of the Facebook group. A welcome post is an excellent way to make them feel more comfortable and engaged instantly. This builds a stronger connection between you and the members.
Create a message that expresses your happiness about them joining, gives a brief introduction about yourself, and explains the purpose of the group. You can also include any relevant guidelines or information they should know.
Note: You can create a welcome post for new members only in Facebook groups you are the admin of.
Follow the steps below:
1. Open Facebook and navigate to the group in which you want to create the welcome post.
2. Click on the People tab, followed by Write Welcome Post.
3. Edit the default welcome message Let’s welcome our new members: from Facebook as preferred.
4. You can add images/videos/GIFs of your choice, Tag all the new members, and then click on Post.
Encourage existing members to like, comment and welcome new members as well.
How to Pin a Welcome Post on Facebook Group
Pinning the welcome post ensures that it remains visible at the top of your group feed. This allows the new members to easily access and stay updated with any important information about the group. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open Facebook and navigate to the group where the welcome message is already posted.
2. Click on the three horizontal dots icon at the top-right corner of the post.
3. Select Pin to Featured from the menu.
How Do I Get a Facebook Group to Automatically Welcome New Members
Facebook provides a built-in feature to create an automatic welcome note for new members joining the group. Follow the steps mentioned below to add the same:
1. Open Facebook and navigate to the particular group for which you want to create an automatic welcome post.
2. On the left, click on Admin Assist in the Admin tools section.
3. Click on Add next to Publish a welcome post.
4. Click on Continue and select Repeating schedule in Choose criteria pop-up.
5. Add the caption as preferred, choose the Date and Time under Publish first post on, and click on Add to Admin Assist.
Note: As of now, the only Repeat frequency available is Once a week.
Recommended: How to Interact as Yourself on Your Facebook Page
We hope this article helped you welcome new members to your Facebook group. If you have any queries or suggestions for us, do let us know in the comments box below. For more such tech-related information, stay tuned to TechCult.