In Adobe Illustrator, the canvas is where you create and modify projects. The rotate function allows you to change the angle of the canvas or specific items. Moreover, it is useful for examining designs from different perspectives and creating angled lines. Let’s explore how to rotate canvas or artboard in your Adobe Illustrator application to achieve more dynamic designs.
How to Rotate Canvas in Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Illustrator designers and artists constantly strive to expand their creativity. Understanding how to rotate the canvas is crucial for unlocking the software’s full potential and exploring new creative possibilities. With this guide, we will discuss the method to do so in detail.
To rotate the canvas in Adobe Illustrator, follow these steps:
1. Open Adobe Illustrator on your PC or laptop and sign in with your Adobe ID if prompted.
2. Click on New file from the Home menu and select your desired preset.
3. Click Create to create the new file.
4. Select the Rotate tool from the left pane toolbar (or press Shift + H).
5. Left-click on the canvas and drag to rotate it, changing the angle of the canvas as desired.
Can You Rotate Canvas in Illustrator?
Yes, you can rotate the artboard in Illustrator to facilitate sketching or working on specific angles or shapes. Rotating the canvas does not change the direction of your artwork, but it alters how the content is viewed. You can use either the Transform window or the Rotate Tool to rotate your images or artwork.
How to Rotate In Illustrator Canvas?
This method can be used in Adobe Illustrator to rotate the canvas:
1. Open the Adobe Illustrator app on your PC/laptop.
Note: If not already, Sign in with your Adobe ID.
2. Then, click on New file from the Home menu.
3. Select the desired preset and click on Create to further rotate its canvas in Illustrator.
4A. Now, select the Rotate tool from the left pane toolbar.
4B. Or press the Shift + H button combination to select the tool.
5. Then, left-click on the canvas and rotate it to change the angle of the canvas.
You can then release the left-click button to set the adjusted canvas angle.
Also Read: How to Rotate Image in Canva
We hope you have understood the process of how to rotate in Illustrator canvas from this guide without any issues. With this, you can confidently manipulate the artboard in Adobe Illustrator by rotating it to match your specific design requirements. Share your questions and suggestions with us in the comments box below, and don’t forget to come back for more insightful guides.