With Trello and Excel, you can easily keep track of tasks, deadlines, and progress. Additionally, exporting your Trello board to Excel is a great way to ensure all your data is organized and accessible, no matter where you are. In this guide, we’ll discuss the importance of exporting Trello boards to Excel and how to do so.
How to Export Trello Board or List to Excel
Trello is an online project management tool that helps you organize and prioritize tasks, track progress, and collaborate with others. And with Trello’s mobile app, you can stay organized and on track even when you’re on the go.
Exporting Trello cards to Excel is a great way to save time and quickly analyze your data.
- Trello boards can be exported as a JSON, Excel or CSV file.
- It also allows you to back up your Trello boards so they can be recovered if they are ever lost or corrupt.
Here’s a step-by-step instruction on how to export Trello board to Excel:
Note: To export Trello Board to CSV, you must have a premium account.
1. Log in to Trello and open the board that you want to export.
2. Click the Menu icon in the right-hand corner of the board.
3. Select More and then Print and Export.
4. Choose the Export to Excel (or CSV) option.
5. Select the columns and cards you want to export.
6. Select Export and your board will be converted into a .xlsx file.
7. Open the file in Excel and you’re ready to start organizing and analyzing your data.
Also Read: How to Link Trello Cards Across Boards
How to Export Trello Board to PDF
Exporting the Trello board to PDF is a great way to quickly and easily share the contents of your board with anyone, whether they use Trello or not. Here’s how to do it:
1. Make sure the Board Export Power-Up is turned on and authorised on your Trello board.
2. Then, press the Board Export button at the top of the board and choose the lists you want to export.
3. Now, choose the format you want to export (Excel, CSV, PDF) and press the Export button.
4. Finally, when the file downloads, you can find your exported files.
Why Export from Trello?
Exporting from Trello is a great way to back up your data, share it with others, and show progress. It also allows you to easily create reports and visuals that can be used to present the progress of the project. You can generate exportable reports, timelines, and charts that can be used to illustrate the progress of a project. This can be helpful for presentations or meetings.
Also Read: Can You Delete Trello Board?
Drawbacks of Manually Exporting Trello to Excel
Here is a list of the drawbacks of manually exporting Trello cards to Excel.
- Time-consuming process
- Error-prone due to manual entry
- Difficult to maintain consistency in data formatting
- Unreliable for large datasets
- Difficult to track changes made to the data
- Inconsistent data formats
- Possible data loss during export
- Lack of automation
- Prone to human error
- Difficult to automate reports
- Potential for duplicate entries
- Limited data analysis capabilities
- Limited data visualization options
- Increased risk of data corruption
- Difficulty in sharing data with multiple users
Additional Info: Pricing and Key Features of Trello
The pricing of the Trello Board is based on the number of users and the type of billing chosen.
- For individual users and small teams, there are two plans available – Free plan and a paid plan for $5 per month.
- For big teams/businesses, it offers Premium and Enterprise plans.
Below listed are the key features of Trello:
- Boards – Create and organize tasks on boards
- Lists – Organize tasks into lists
- Cards – Create cards with descriptions, labels and due dates
- Checklists – Create checklists within cards to track progress
- Labels – Label cards for easier organization
- Members – Assign members to boards, lists, and cards
- Notifications – Receive notifications when tasks are due
- Assignments – Assign members to cards and tasks
- Activity Log – Track activity and changes on the board
- Automations – Create automated workflows to streamline processes
- Attachments – Attach files to cards and lists
- Calendar View – View tasks in a calendar view
- Custom Fields – Create custom fields to track information
- Power-Ups – Add additional features and integrations
- Comments – Leave comments and feedback on cards
- Search – Search for tasks, boards, and members
- Filters – Filter cards by labels, members, and due dates
- Security – Set security permissions for boards and cards
- Time Tracking – Track time spent on cards and tasks
- Voting – Vote on ideas or tasks within cards
Also Read: How to Turn Off Scroll Lock in Excel
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Does the Exported Excel File Contain All of the Data From the Trello Board?
Ans. No, the exported Excel file does not contain all of the data from the Trello board. The Excel file will only contain the data that is currently visible on the board. If there are any hidden cards or lists, they will not be included in the Excel file.
Q2. Is There a Way to Export Only Certain Cards or Lists From a Trello Board?
Ans. Yes, you can export certain cards or lists from a Trello board by selecting the cards or lists you want to export and then clicking the More button at the top right of the board and selecting Export to JSON. This will generate a JSON file that contains the data for the cards and/or lists you selected.
Q3. Can I Export Trello Board to Excel on a Mobile Device?
Ans. Yes, you can export the Trello board to Excel on both iOS and Android devices.
Q4. Is There a Way to Export Trello List to Another Format Other Than Excel?
Ans. Yes, there is a way to export Trello cards to Excel to another format other than Excel. You can export your Trello board as a JSON file or a Comma Separated Values (CSV) file. You can also export your Trello board as an HTML file or as an image. Additionally, you can use third-party software to export your Trello board to other formats such as PDF, XML, and more.
Q5. How Many Boards Can I Export at Once?
Ans. You can only export one board at a time.
Recommended: How to Subtract Multiple Cells in Excel
We hope this guide was useful and you have learned how to export Trello board to Excel or PDF on your PC. For any doubts or questions regarding this guide, feel free to reach us via the comments section.