In September 2023, Whatsapp rolled out its Whatsapp Channels feature in India and received a lot of claps from the audience. This innovative feature is a one-way secured network, different from regular social network profiles. A perfect and secure platform that gives you the freedom to share your content securely with a wide audience without compromising your privacy. If you are also looking to create one, you are at the right place. We’ll provide you with all the details about WhatsApp channels, how you can create and delete your channel, and all the necessary information you need to know about it.
How to Create Your WhatsApp Channel
Creating a WhatsApp channel is very easy. Just follow these easy steps to create your channel and start growing your network on WhatsApp.
2. Tap on the Updates Tab.
3. Tap on the + symbol next to the Channels option.
4. Select Create Channel from the menu.
5. Write a Channel Name and Description for your channel.
6. Choose a profile picture for your channel the same way you set a profile picture of yours.
7. Tap on the Create Channel button.
By following these steps, you will successfully create your first channel. Now, you can share your channel with your followers. To do so, simply tap on the Channel Link and share it using the method you prefer, as there are several options available for sharing.
How to Find and Follow WhatsApp Channels Created by Others
WhatsApp has already incorporated and verified official channels from high-profile celebrities, making them easily recognizable. If you wish to find a specific channel, you can follow these steps to find any channel created by someone.
1. Go to your Updates tab on your WhatsApp.
2. At the bottom of the screen, tap on See All next to the Find Channels option.
3. Tap on the Search Icon at the top right corner of the screen.
4. Type the name of the channel you are looking for.
5. To follow the channel, simply tap on the Plus symbol next to the channel.
Notifications from these channels are muted by default so you can unmute them by tapping on the bell icon on any channel profile page.
What Kind of Information and Content Can be Shared on WhatsApp Channel?
In any WhatsApp channel, only the Admin of the channel has access to share pictures videos, and polls to engage your followers on Whatsapp Channel. Additionally, followers of the channel can forward a message or content from the channel to up to five chats at once. However, if you’re forwarding a message or update, it can only be shared with one person at a time.
Also Read: How to Send Snapchat Link on WhatsApp
How Can You Delete Your WhatsApp Channel?
Deleting your WhatsApp channel is as easy as deleting a WhatsApp group or any other thing in WhatsApp but before deleting a channel make sure you are aware of all the consequences of deleting a channel. To Delete the WhatsApp Channel, Follow these easy steps:
1. Open an Updates tab on your WhatsApp.
2. Tap on the Channel that you created.
3. Tap on the 3-Dots Menu at the right top of the screen.
4. Select Channel Info.
5. Under the bottom of the profile page, tap on the Delete Channel option.
6. Enter your phone number to confirm Delete.
Once successfully deleted, you’ll see the message You deleted your channel in the Updates tab.
Remember, when you delete your channel, you lose some features like:
- You won’t be able to share any information or content from your channel again.
- Followers can still find your channel but will see a system message stating that your channel was deleted. Your previous information or content will remain accessible on their phones.
- Non-followers (viewers) will no longer have access to your channel or updates. They won’t find your channel in search results anymore. New individuals can’t follow your channel, and your sharing link will no longer work.
What are WhatsApp Channels And How Does it Work?
WhatsApp channel is just another public profile created by you to share your updates and activities with your followers even though they are not part of your contact list. Yes, you heard it right and this is something that makes it special.
Let’s have a look at some of its exciting features:
- Invite Anyone: You can simply share the link of your channel with your audience, enabling them to connect and follow you without sharing any personal information, no need to add anyone on WhatsApp via a phone number.
- Directory: WhatsApp offers a directory where users can discover channels to follow based on various topics or interests.
- Notifications: Followers of the channel receive notifications whenever the channel admins post an update.
- Highly Secure and Private: WhatsApp channels ensure a high level of security and privacy. Neither the followers of the channel can view any details about the admin nor can the admin access any information about their followers unless they have them in their contacts.
Where WhatsApp Channels Appear On WhatsApp?
WhatsApp Channels are located within the Updates Tab, positioned at the bottom of the screen after the regular status section from your contacts. It’s totally separate from your regular chats and calls tab. The interface of the channel may look similar to chats but it’s private and secure.
Hope you are cleared now about WhatsApp channels. Creating a WhatsApp channel is a great way to market yourself and share information with your audience. We hope our guide on how to create your WhatsApp Channel answered all the queries you had. Keep reading our blogs for more tech walkabouts and leave any suggestions in our comment section below.