If you’re facing the error code 0x8007000e when trying to create a backup of your PC, then it means there must be some corruption on the disk because of which system cannot backup the drive. Now to fix this issue, you need to run CHKDSK, which will try to fix corruption on the drive, and you will be successfully able to create the backup. This system error notified users that the backup couldn’t be created on the specified drive and they need to change the external source.
An internal error has occurred.
Not enough storage is available to complete this operation. (0x8007000E)
Backing up your data is a very critical task, and if something goes wrong, you won’t be able to access your data so that you will lose all your important data in short. To avoid this scenario, you need to fix this error and create the backup of your system. So without wasting any time let’s see how to Fix Error 0x8007000e Preventing Backups with the below-listed troubleshooting steps.
Table of Contents
Fix Error 0x8007000e Preventing Backups
Method 1: Run Check Disk (CHKDSK)
1.Press Windows Key + X then select “Command Prompt (Admin).”
2.In the cmd window type the following command and hit Enter:
chkdsk C: /f /r /x
Note: In the above command C: is the drive on which we want to check disk, /f stands for a flag which chkdsk the permission to fix any errors associated with the drive, /r let chkdsk search for bad sectors and perform recovery and /x instructs the check disk to dismount the drive before beginning the process.
3.It will ask to schedule the scan in the next system reboot, type Y and hit enter.
Please keep in mind that CHKDSK process can take up a lot of time as it has to perform many system-level functions, so be patient while it fixes system errors and once the process is finished it will show you the results.
Method 2: Run System File Checker (SFC)
The sfc /scannow command (System File Checker) scans the integrity of all protected Windows system files. It replaces incorrectly corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible.
1. Open Command Prompt with Administrative rights.
2. Now in the cmd window type the following command and hit Enter:
3. Wait for the system file checker to finish.
Again try the application which was giving error 0x8007000e and if it’s still not fixed, then continue to the next method.
Method 3: Run Disk Cleanup and Error Checking
1. Go to This PC or My PC and right-click on the C: drive to select Properties.
2. Now from the Properties window, click on Disk Cleanup under capacity.
3. It will take some time to calculate how much space Disk Cleanup will free.
4. Now click Clean up system files in the bottom under Description.
5. In the next window, make sure to select everything under Files to delete and then click OK to run Disk Cleanup.
Note: We are looking for “Previous Windows Installation(s)” and “Temporary Windows Installation files” if available, make sure they are checked.
6. Let the Disk Cleanup complete and then again go the properties windows and select Tools tab.
7. Next, click on Check under Error-checking.
8. Follow the on-screen instruction to finish error checking.
9. Restart your PC to save changes.
- 3 ways to find Windows Product Key
- How to Export Drivers Using PowerShell
- Fix Windows Stuck on Splash Screen
- How to create a System Image Backup in Windows 10
That’s it you have successfully Fix Error 0x8007000e Preventing Backups if you still have any questions regarding this guide then feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.
None of the above method did it.
Any other ideas?