Wyze camera is a popular smart home camera that comes with varieties of features. You can get a wired as well as wireless cameras for security, indoor or outdoor use from Wyze. However, there are also few errors that may occur while using the camera. One of such is Wyze error code 90. We bring to you a perfect guide that will teach you how to fix Wyze camera error. So, continue reading!
- How to Fix Wyze Camera Error Code 90
- Method 1: Troubleshoot Internet Connectivity
- Method 2: Power Cycle Wyze Camera
- Method 3: Re-add Camera in Wyze App
- Method 4: Update Wyze App
- Method 5: Update Camera Firmware
- Method 6: Reset Wyze Camera
- Method 7: Reinstall Wyze App
- Method 8: Reflash Camera Firmware
- Method 9: Contact Wyze Support
How to Fix Wyze Camera Error Code 90
Wyze camera offers various features like color night vision, indoor and outdoor capturing with weather resistance feature, personal detection and many more. But there are also a few common error codes that may occur while using the camera. One of such is Wyze cam connection failed error code 90. Here, we have listed the possible troubleshooting methods to fix this camera error.
Method 1: Troubleshoot Internet Connectivity
Wyze error code 90 may mainly due to improper internet connection. So, try to modify the network settings. Wyze camera normally support 2.4 GHz bandwidth, not 5 GHz. Also, your network should be secured with WPA/WPA2 protocol. And, make sure that your WiFi mode is set to 802.11 b/g/n. Read our ultimate smartphone troubleshooting guide, then follow the steps in the method to troubleshoot network connectivity.
Method 2: Power Cycle Wyze Camera
If there is no issue with your internet connection, then check if the hardware connection is good. Also, you can try to power cycle Wyze camera to fix Wyze error code 90 issue as shown in the steps below.
1. Remove the Wyze Camera from the socket.
2. Wait for a few minutes.
3. Then, re-plug the Camera.
4. Now, turn on the Camera.
Also Read: Fix Wyze Error Code 06 on Android
Method 3: Re-add Camera in Wyze App
Next method to fix Wyze error code 90 is to re-add the connected camera in the Wyze app. Follow these steps to do so.
1. Open the Wyze app.
2. Select the connected device.
3. Here, tap on Delete Device option.
4. After removing the device, launch the Wyze app again and tap on the New Device button.
5. Tap on the Cameras tab in the CATEGORIES section.
6. Tap on the camera type you would like to add.
Note: The Wyze Base Station camera has been selected for example.
7. Tap on the Next button to connect your mobile to the Wyze Camera network.
8. After the blue light is flashed on the router and the Base Station, tap on the Next button to plug into the Station.
Method 4: Update Wyze App
If your Wyze app is outdated, then you may face Wyze camera error code 90. So, to fix this problem follow the steps listed below to update the Wyze app.
1. Open Google Play Store from the phone menu.
2. In the search bar, type Wyze.
3. Locate and tap on the app from the search results.
4. Tap on the Update button to install the latest update.
5. Wait for the update to install and relaunch the app.
Check if Wyze cam connection failed issue still persists or not.
Method 5: Update Camera Firmware
If updating the Wyze app did not fix camera error. Follow the steps given below to solve Wyze error code 90 issue.
1. Launch the Wyze app from the app menu.
2. Navigate to the Account menu in the Wyze app.
3. Tap on the Firmware Update tab.
4. Select the particular camera to update its firmware.
Note: You can alternatively tap on the Update All button to update the cameras in the network.
Method 6: Reset Wyze Camera
If the Wyze cameras aren’t properly configured with the application, then it can cause Wyze error code 90 problem. You can fix this issue by resetting the Wyze camera.
1. Remove the SD card from Wyze camera.
2. Then, manually press the Reset button on the camera and wait for the yellow LED light to go off.
Note 1: If the LED light flashes yellow, it means that the Wyze camera is reset to the default settings.
Note 2: If the light is not changed after a few seconds, you have to contact the service center to fix the issue on the hardware device.
3. Now, connect your device and check if it fixes Wyze cam connection failed issue.
Method 7: Reinstall Wyze App
If the issue is with the Wyze app, you can try reinstalling the app on device to fix camera error. Here are the steps to do so.
1. Open the Play Store app.
2. Now, tap on the profile icon at the top-right corner.
3. Then, select Manage apps and device.
4. Move to the Manage tab, tick the Wyze app, and tap on the trash icon at the top.
5. Tap on the Uninstall button on the confirmation window and wait till the app is uninstalled.
6. Then, tap on the search bar on the home screen, search for the Wyze app, and tap on the search icon.
7. Tap on the Install button to install the Wyze app and wait till the installation process is complete.
Method 8: Reflash Camera Firmware
If the above methods do not fix camera error, then reflash camera firmware by following the steps below to fix Wyze error code 90 problem.
1. Remove the SD card from Camera and connect it in your PC.
2. Then, navigate to This PC folder and right-click on the SD card, select the Format… option.
3. After formatting the SD card, visit Wyze released firmware page.
4. Download the firmware from the page.
5. Rename the downloaded file as demo.bin.
Note: Rename the file as demo_wcv3.bin if you have Wyze version 3 camera.
6. Copy the file in the SD card folder.
7. Now, insert the SD card in the Wyze camera and turn on the device.
8. Next, hold the select/reset button in Wyze camera until lights turns purple.
9. Finally, release the button and wait for 3-4 minutes to initiate flashing process.
Method 9: Contact Wyze Support
Lastly, try contacting Wyze Support to fix Wyze camera error code 90 as shown below.
1. Open the Wyze app.
2. At the bottom-right corner, tap on the Account tab.
3. Tap on the Wyze Support.
4. Tap on the Submit a Log.
5. Tap on Wyze App & Services.
6. Tap on the Events tab.
7. Select the media file in the Details section and tap on the Submit button.
Hence, these are the steps to solve Wyze cam connection failed problem.
- Top 27 Best Illegal Android Apps Not on Play Store
- Fix Amazon Echo Not Turning On Problem
- How to Take Screenshot in Samsung A51 without Power Button
- Fix Wyze Error 07 on Android
We hope this guide was helpful to you and you were able to fix Wyze camera error code 90. Let us know which method worked for you. If you have any suggestions for us, please let us know in the comment section.