Want to build a website that grabs the audience’s attention? Well, your search ends here with two incredible options: Wix and Squarespace! These website builders offer impressive features, a user-friendly interface, and modern designs, setting them apart from the rest. With so many options to choose from like pricing, e-commerce, how can it help you as a photographer, and most importantly which is easy to use, coming to a decision can be quite difficult! While it can be perplexing to choose between Wix vs. Squarespace, our comprehensive guide will help you find the best option for your needs.
Wix vs. Squarespace
Choosing the best platform is essential in today’s technological landscape since a website is frequently the initial point of contact with your audience. Understanding Wix vs. Squarespace’s capabilities, user experience, and styles enables you to build a website that not only attracts attention but also successfully promotes your message or business. Additionally, your website reflects your brand or individual identity. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
Wix vs. Squarespace: Pros and Cons
Here are the pros and cons of Wix and Squarespace:
It provides a user-friendly drag and drop builder.
Great customer support.
Advanced business functionality.
Have hundreds of website templates to choose from.
|Template changes are possible
Its features let you edit everything on your website
Offers a Powerful image editor
The built-in features are many and well designed.
Have better in-built blogging capabilities
Offers a mobile app
|Cons||Selected template can’t be changed without rebuilding your entire content.
eCommerce functionalities suit only smaller businesses and are very basic.
Slower server response times than other competitors.
|You can’t drag and drop website elements.
Doesn’t offer phone support.
Doesn’t offer free plan.
Also See: How Do You Delete a Wix Account
Wix vs Squarespace: Pricing
Both Wix and Squarespace offer a range of pricing plans and come with a 14-day money-back guarantee. Wix offers a total of 5 plans, 1 free and 4 paid. While Squarespace offers only 4 plans, it doesn’t have a free plan. Here are some Wix vs Squarespace pricing details:
1. Free plan: This free plan includes the following features:
- 500MB of storage and bandwidth.
- Wix ads displayed on your site.
- No connecting your own domain.
2. Business Basic Plan: This plan costs $23 per month and comes with the following features:
- 20 GB of storage
- Free custom domain for a year
- Custom support
- Five hours of video time
3. Business Unlimited plan: The plan costs about $27 per month. This plan includes everything that you get in the business Basic Plan. Additionally, 50 GB of storage and:
- Custom logo design
- 24/7 Support
- USPS discount
- Basic eCommerce
- Include large online marketplaces in the expansion of your sales channel.
4. Business VIP Plan: This plan costs around $49 per month. With this plan you receive everything above as well as:
- Unlimited video hours
- Unlimited drop shipping products
- Product reviews up to 3000
5. Enterprise Custom Package and Pricing: This plan costs $500+ per month. This plan isn’t necessary for small business owners, it’s designed for growing companies and larger businesses.
Like Wix, Squarespace doesn’t offer free plan but there’s a two-week free trial period available.
1. Personal plan: This plan costs $16/month when billed annually. Monthly it costs $23/month. This plan is one of the cheapest plans of Squarespace. This plan includes:
- SSL security
- 24/7 customer support
- Variety of templates
- Free custom domain.
2. Business plan: This plan comes with a $33 monthly subscription with more advanced features including:
- Full customization
- Announcement bar
- Unlimited contributors
- Premium integrations and blocks.
3. Basic plan: This plan costs $27 per month when billed annually. Otherwise, it will cost $36 per month. The plan includes:
- SEO Tools
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth
- SSL security
- Gift cards
- Customer accounts
- Various design templates are available to fit the requirements of any business
- Basic analytics information
- Unlimited items.
4. Advanced plan: This plan costs around $49 per month when billed annually. Otherwise, it costs $65 per month. With a yearly subscription, you’ll save 24%. With this plan you’ll get everything from the basic plan along with:
- Recovery of an abandoned cart
- Commerce APIs
- Advanced shipment
- Advanced discounts.
Wix vs Squarespace: eCommerce
Both Wix and Squarespace offer a range of features, including the ability to integrate your point-of-sale (POS) system and sell both digital and physical products. Wix provides a similar set of functionalities in its e-commerce. While Squarespace allows the sale of services. both platforms allow users to sell their products. However, Wix users have the capability to sell offline and accept money upon delivery, unfortunately, Squarespace users don’t have such options at this time. In terms of pricing, both websites offer e-commerce plans that are available from INR about 2,229 per month.
Wix vs Squarespace for Portfolio
Both Squarespace and Wix provide professional templates for creating a portfolio. However, as compared to Wix, the Squarespace drag-and-drop editor allows users to easily create a unique layout. On the other hand, Wix also offers a decent selection, personalizing them can be more challenging. When it comes to choosing between Squarespace and Wix for a portfolio, Squarespace emerges as the superior choice due to its great flexibility in organizing your content. It allows you to create a portfolio that truly stands out.
Wix vs Squarespace for Photographers
When it comes to creating a website for photographers, Wix and Squarespace are both great options for photographers. Both platforms offer specific templates and features for photographers. Wix is a widely popular website builder known for being user-friendly interface. It has many temples and designs that work great on mobile devices and can also be used to create a portfolio website, which is great for showcasing your work. You can also sell photos online with Wix making.
On the other hand, Squarespace is another popular website builder option with beautiful templates and designs. Like Wix, Squarespace also offers options for creating a portfolio website. However, as compared to Wix, Squarespace can be more expensive. But it can be a better option if you’re looking for a comprehensive solution for your website needs.
Which is Easier to Use, Wix or Squarespace?
Both Wix and Squarespace are highly recommended options for creating a website. However, Squarespace offers great support and a superior blogging tool than Wix. If you’re uninterested in technical intricacies, Squarespace is the ideal choice if you want to know between Wix vs. Spacespace, which is easier to use.
While Wix is more beginner-friendly and offers more flexibility, Squarespace is better for those who prefer high-quality built-in tools. We hope this article was helpful for you and that you have learned about Wix vs Squarespace. If you still have any queries or suggestions, then leave a comment in the comments section below. Don’t forget to visit our page for more cool and interesting articles.