The most common problem faced by Windows users while browsing the internet is that their web browser is redirected to unwanted sites or unexpected pop-up ads. This is usually caused by Potentially Unwanted programs (PUPs) which get downloaded automatically from the Internet in conjunction with a program that the user wants. The computer gets infected with an adware program which you cannot easily uninstall. Even if you uninstall them from Program and Features, they will continue to operate normally without any issues.
This adware also slows down your PC and tries to infect your PC with virus or malware sometimes. You won’t be able to properly browse the internet as these ads will overlay the content on the page, and whenever you click on a link a new pop-up ad will be displayed. In short, all you will see is different advertisements instead of the content which you want to preview.
You will face problems like random text or links will be turned to hyperlinks of advertising companies, the browser will recommend fake updates, other PUps will get installed without your consent etc. So without wasting any time let’s see How to Remove Adware and Pop-up Ads from Web Browser with the help of below-listed troubleshooting guide.
Table of Contents
Remove Adware and Pop-up Ads from Web Browser
Make sure to create a restore point just in case something goes wrong.
Method 1: Uninstall Unwanted Programs from Program and Features
1. Press Windows Key + R then type appwiz.cpl and hit Enter to open Program and Features.
2. Go through the list of programs and uninstall any unwanted program.
3. Below are some of the most common known malicious programs:
Browsers_Apps_Pro CheckMeUp Cinema Plus CloudScout Parental Control HD-V2.2 Desktop Temperature Monitor Dns Unlocker HostSecurePlugin MediaVideosPlayers New Player Network System Driver Pic Enhance PriceLEess Price Minus Save Daily Deals Savefier Savepass SalesPlus Salus Sm23mS SS8 Word Proser
4. To uninstall any of the above-listed programs, right-click on the program and select Uninstall.
5. Reboot your PC to save changes.
Method 2: Run AdwCleaner to Remove Adware and Pop-up Ads
2. Once the download is complete, double-click on the adwcleaner.exe file to run the program.
3. Click on “I agree” button to accept the license agreement.
4. On the next screen, click the Scan button under Actions.
5. Now, wait for the AdwCleaner to search for PUPs and other malicious programs.
6. Once the scan is complete, click Clean to clean your system of such files.
7. Save any work you might be doing as your PC will need to reboot, click OK to reboot your PC.
8. Once the computer reboots, a log file will open, which will list all of the files, folders, registry keys, etc. that were removed in the previous step.
Method 3: Run Malwarebytes to Remove Browser Hijackers
Malwarebytes is a powerful on-demand scanner which should remove browser hijackers, adware and other types of malware from your PC. It is important to note that Malwarebytes will run alongside antivirus software without conflicts. To install and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, go to this article and follow every step.
Method 4: Use HitmanPro to Remove Trojans and Malware
2. Once the download is complete, double-click on hitmanpro.exe file to run the program.
3. HitmanPro will open, click Next to scan for malicious software.
4. Now, wait for the HitmanPro to search for Trojans and Malware on your PC.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove malware from your PC.
6. You need to Activate free license before you can remove malicious files from your computer.
7. To do this, click on Activate free license, and you are good to go.
8. Reboot your PC to save changes.
Method 5: Disable Pop-Ups in Google Chrome
1. Open Chrome then clicks on the three dots on the top right corner.
2. From the menu which opens click on Settings.
3. Scroll down, then click on Advanced.
4. Under “Privacy section” click on Content settings.
5.From the list click on Popups then make sure the toggle is set to Blocked (recommended).
6. Restart Chrome to save changes.
Method 6: Reset the Web Browser to Default Settings
1. Open Google Chrome then click the three dots in the upper right corner and click on Settings.
2. Now in the settings window scroll down and click on Advanced at the bottom.
3. Again scroll down to the bottom and click on Reset column.
4. This would open a pop window again asking if you want to Reset, so click on Reset to continue.
- Completely uninstall Norton from Windows 10
- How to Install Google Assistant on Windows 10
- Automatically disable Touchpad when Mouse is connected
- How to completely uninstall McAfee from Windows 10
That’s it you have successfully Remove Adware and Pop-up Ads from Web Browser in Windows 10 but if you still have any questions regarding this guide then feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.