In this fast-paced world, the last thing you would want is a slow internet connection. It doesn’t matter if you use the internet for time-pass, work, or any other purpose. You would never want to deal with slow connections. Therefore, the required term here is 4G! However, the 5G is all set to step into the market, but 4G is still when you want fast internet speed.
Whenever someone goes out to buy a smartphone, he/she should always check whether the chosen smartphone is 4G enabled or not, and so should you. You would not want to purchase a high-end smartphone and then find out that it does not support 4G. Trust me; you wouldn’t want to browse slow internet.
Now, what if you have already bought a smartphone and you do not know whether it is 4G enabled, or what if you want to upgrade from 3G to 4G? Well, don’t you worry. We have got you covered. In this article, I will guide you on how to check if your smartphone supports 4G.
Table of Contents
How to Check If Your Phone is 4G Enabled?
There are several methods through which you can find out if your phone is 4G enabled. If you have bought a smartphone recently, then you can start with our first method:
#1. Check User Manual
Go and get the user manual of your smartphone and look into the Specification section. Here, you will get to know the network type that your smartphone supports. If you find 4G or LTE written in that section, then Voila! Your smartphone supports 4G.
Now, what if you do not have the manual? In that case, you can follow the next method.
#2. Check Official Website of your Smartphone Brand
If you do not have the user manual, go to your smartphone company’s official website and search for the smartphone you are using. Once you find it, read its network specifications.
You can find every information about your smartphone on the official website of the smartphone manufacturer. Nowadays, there are numerous other websites that post all the specifications of all types of smartphones.
#3. Check if your phone is 4G Enabled in the Settings App
1. First of all, open the Settings app of your Android smartphone. Scroll down and go to the SIM card settings or Mobile Network section.
2. Click on the Advanced section and tap on the Preferred network or Mobile Network option.
3. Now see if you can find the option to select 4G or LTE mode. If you can, then congratulations! Your phone supports 4G.
- First, go to the Settings of your Apple smartphone.
- Scroll and go to the General section. Tap on the Cellular option.
- Here you will see Enable 4G LTE if your phone supports the 4G network.
c) Windows Smartphones
- Again, go to the Settings app and tap on Cellular + Sim.
- Tap on Highest Connection Speed and see if you can find the LTE option.
- If you can find the option, enable it and enjoy 4G fast internet speed.
- 5 Ways to Fix Your Android Phone That Won’t Turn ON
- How To Disable Snapchat Account Temporarily
- How To Speed Up A Slow Android Phone
Now that you have checked that your smartphone supports the 4G network, you can freely browse the internet at the best speed that you can. However, with your smartphone supporting 4G network mode, you also need a 4G sim to enjoy the 4G internet speed. It is not like you can enjoy 4G speed with a 3G sim. It is necessary to have both a 4G sim and 4G enabled smartphone.
Now while the 5G mode is getting ready to be established in the market, all we can do is wait and enjoy the 4G speed to its maximum. Roll over now, get going and use your 4G network!