In the last few years, there has been an alarming rise in scan calls and telemarketing calls in the United States. Realizing this rise in scam calls, various wireless carriers like T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon have considered taking strong and strict steps to detect unwanted and scam incoming calls on mobile phones. In this guide, we will explain what is Scam Likely, and how to block them. Mobile companies are using new technologies to analyze the incoming calls on your phone and alert you if the calls are coming from unwanted sources like telemarketers and scammers. Companies like T Mobiles and AT&T have come up with a database of numbers that are known to be used by scammers. Therefore, when you see a T Mobile Scam Likely notification with an incoming call, this is because the call is likely to be coming from a scammer.
- What is Scam Likely Call?
- Why am I Getting a Scam Likely Call?
- What to Do When you Get a Scam Likely Call
- How to Block Scam Likely Calls
- Should I Answer Scam Likely Calls?
- What Happens if I Answer Scam Likely?
- How to Block Scam Calls on iPhone
- How to Block Scam Calls on Android
- Additional Methods to Block Scam Likely Calls
- Method 1: Register with the American Do Not Call Registry
- Method 2: Use Phone Carrier Tools
- Method 3: Use Third-Party Applications
What is Scam Likely Call?
When you receive an incoming call on your phone, the number is checked against a database of numbers, and if a match is made, your wireless carrier labels the call. This guide will discuss how to block Scam Likely calls and different methods for the same.
Why am I Getting a Scam Likely Call?
If you are receiving these calls and wondering if should I answer Scam Likely calls, you should know why you are getting these calls in the first place. The Federal Communications Commission mandated the implementation of a set of standards designed to ferret out telemarketing and other spam callers and combat the continuously rising cases of spam and scam calls on mobile phones. Following the mandate, the American mobile carrier T-Mobile implemented protocols for scam calls in 2018.
Since then, T Mobile has continuously verified incoming and outgoing calls automatically. If you are a T Mobile user and see the Scam Likely notification during an incoming call, it is a heads-up for an unwanted call; you can then ignore this call to avoid scammers. But the warnings can occasionally be false or misidentified, and there is always the possibility that a legitimate incoming call will be flagged as a scam call. Therefore, you may often miss out on legitimate calls if they are wrongly flagged as scam calls.
- You can check your call history to locate the call you missed.
- You can also block T Mobile Scam Likely calls on your T Mobile phones to avoid future incoming calls from a scam number.
Also Read: 12 Best Face Merge Online Apps for iOS
What to Do When you Get a Scam Likely Call
If you are receiving such calls, and if you don’t know, should I answer Scam Likely calls? The following section is for you. Unwanted calls can be annoying, and sometimes you may get multiple calls in a day. In a 2022 survey, it was revealed that, on average, an American mobile user receives around 33 spam calls a day from scammers and telemarketers. Because you may get scam calls so frequently, it also raises the risk of telemarketing fraud. If you are wondering what happens if I answer Scam Likely when you get a scam call, you may want to avoid it by simply not receiving it. But sometimes, it may be challenging to identify an unknown number, and you may miss important calls.
How to Block Scam Likely Calls
After understanding what is Scam Likely, the next step is to know how to block them. As these calls can be incredibly annoying, and sometimes they can be harmful to your privacy. There are various methods that you can use to block Scam Likely calls. In the following sections, we will discuss various methods to block these calls.
Should I Answer Scam Likely Calls?
No, you should never answer these calls because the call will probably be from a scammer that can invade your privacy.
What Happens if I Answer Scam Likely?
If you pick up one of these calls, you will probably be talking to a robocall or a telemarketing scammer. In such cases, do not share your personal information.
How to Block Scam Calls on iPhone
If you are using an iPhone, you can block individual contacts to avoid receiving calls from them in the future. As a result, if you come across a scammer’s phone number contacting you, you should report it immediately. You can simply block it. You can follow these simple steps to block an individual number on an iPhone.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. Now, tap on the Phone option.
3. Here, locate Silence Unknown Callers.
4. Toggle on Silence Unknown Caller.
Note: Enabling this feature will silence all the unknown numbers from incoming calls.
Also Read: How to Get YouTube Music Premium for Free
How to Block Scam Calls on Android
Like on an iPhone, you can also block individual contacts on your Android phone. you can use the following sets to block the T Mobile Scam Likely calls.
1. Open the Phone app on your Android phone.
2. In the recent calls, locate and select the unknown number you want to block.
3. Tap on the three-dot icon.
4. Here, select Block.
5. Finally, select Block to confirm the process.
Additional Methods to Block Scam Likely Calls
Now that you know the definition, and why you should avoid these calls, let’s discuss methods to block scam calls on your phone. The following are some of the additional methods to block Scam Likely calls on your phone. Continue reading to know what happens if I answer these calls
Method 1: Register with the American Do Not Call Registry
One of the best ways to figure out how to block these calls is to register with the National Do Not Call Registry. The National Do Not Call Registry allows you to remove your contact from the list from which telemarketers call. However, registering with the Do Not Call Registry won’t stop charities, political groups, debt collectors, and survey companies from contacting you. But it may drastically reduce spam calls. With this service, you can also report spam calls. To register with the Do Not Call Registry, you can call 1-888-382-1222 (voice) or 1-866-290-4236 (TTY). However, if you want to register for the service online, you can use these simple steps.
1. Visit the official Federal Trade Commission page.
2. Now, click on the register link.
3. To register a new number, click on REGISTER HERE.
4. Enter your phone numbers, and emails, and click SUBMIT.
Also Read: What is Ethical Hacking?
Method 2: Use Phone Carrier Tools
Most cell phone carriers also provide tools to give users a convenient experience. Many phone carriers, also provide you with features to block phone numbers. You can use these tools to block various T Mobile calls. The following are some of the famous phone carriers that provide tools to avoid unwanted calls.
- AT&T: AT&T is one of the leading cell phone carriers in the United States. You can use the Call Protect app developed by AT&T to avoid various unwanted calls on AT&T cell phones.
- T Mobile: T Mobile is one of the most popular cell phone carrier brands, with millions of subscribers around the USA. T Mobiles offers a free service in Scam Shield. Scam Shield blocks any calls from a number that has been identified as a scam by the T Mobile registry. To enable the service, you just have to call #ONB# (#662#) from your phone.
- Verizon: If you are using a Verizon service, you can use Call Filter, which allows you to filter incoming calls, and block and report unwanted calls. You can also use the premium version of Call Filter for $2.99 a month.
Method 3: Use Third-Party Applications
Various third-party applications provide options to block and report scam calls and telemarketing calls. You can download these apps from the app stores to register and use their services. Nomorobo and RoboKiller are two of the best third-party applications that are used by thousands of people to avoid unwanted calls.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why am I getting Scam Likely on incoming calls?
Ans. Scam call notification on incoming calls is an alert to you that the incoming call may be a telemarketing or scam call.
Q2. Can I stop Scam Likely calls?
Ans. Yes, You can partially stop them on your phone. This can be done by taking measures to reduce scam calls, such as registering with the National Do Not Call Registry.
Q4. What happens if I pick up a Scam Likely call?
Ans. If you pick up a Scam Likely call, you will probably be talking to a robocall or a telemarketing scammer. In such cases, do not share your personal information.
- 20 Best App for Reducing Screen Brightness
- How to Delete Dropbox Cache
- How Do You Track a Scammer
- 5 Scams That Marked the Internet
We hope this guide was helpful to you and you were able to determine what is Scam Likely. Let us know which method helped you block the scam calls. If you have any suggestions or queries for us, please let us know in the comment section.