Online streaming service is a growing industry that reaches millions of viewers around the world and streams exclusive content. Several streaming platforms have made their way into this booming industry. One of these platforms is Philo which is an America-based internet television company. Philo allows users to watch its live and on-demand content from cable networks. Undoubtedly, Philo has brought a new way of watching online content for TV service users. Even after being so famous, if you have no idea about what is Philo app and other details about it, you have come to the right place. In today’s guide, we will be discussing everything you want to know about Philo, from downloading it to how to cancel Philo; you will explore all the related information in the doc. So, let us begin right away and get you familiar with Philo in detail.
Table of Contents
What is Philo App?
You will get to know what is Philo app further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
What is Philo App?
Philo is an internet television company that was founded in 2010 in America. It is the first entertainment-focused streaming TV service. The service is available to use in all the United States, territories, commonwealths, and possessions.
- Philo allows users to watch live TV, on-demand content, unlimited DVR, and content from top programmers available on the web browser, Android devices, iOS, Apple TV, Roku, FireTV, and more.
- Philo offers subscribers 70 top-rated television channels for $25 per month.
- Philo subscription offers major networks like Food Network, AMC, and Nickelodeon.
- Philo subscription does not offer any local channels.
- Unlimited DVR is provided to Philo subscribers.
- Philo also offers a 7-day free trial to users.
- Philo subscribers need a high-speed internet connection and compatible devices to stream the platform.
Also Read: What are RPGs? Everything to Know About Role Playing Games
What is the Philo App Download Process?
Now that you are aware of what is Philo app, it is time to know about how you can download Philo on your device. As stated above, the Philo app can be used on different devices including Roku TV, Samsung TV, Fire TV, Android TV, Android devices, and others. Downloading process for all these devices is different as well.
Let us look at the different steps of downloading the Philo app for different devices from the instructions given below:
Option I: Roku TV
1. Press the Home button on your remote to access the home screen on your Roku device.
2. Select the Streaming Channels option.
3. Next, select Search Channels.
4. Type Philo in the search section and select Philo from the search result.
5. Finally, select Add channel.
Option II: Fire TV Stick
1. On the Amazon Fire TV Stick, select the Find option from the home screen.
2. Next, select Search.
3. Type Philo in the search section and Philo in the Apps & Games row.
4. Finally, select Get.
Also Read: How to Download YouTube Videos in Mobile Gallery
Option III: Fire Tablet
1. Open the Play Store application on your Fire Tablet.
2. Next, open the search bar and type Philo in it.
3. Now, select Philo from the search results.
4. Finally, select Download.
Option IV: Samsung TV
1. Press the Home button.
2. Now, scroll up and select APPS on Samsung TV.
3. Next, select App Search from the top right corner of the screen.
4. Type Philo in it and select Philo from the available search results.
5. Finally, select Install.
Option V: Android TV
1. On your Android TV Home screen, select Apps.
2. Now, select the Google Play Store application.
3. Next, select the search icon in the top-left corner.
4. Enter Philo and select Philo from the search results.
5. Lastly, select Install.
Option VI: Android Phone
1. Open the Google Play Store application on your Android device.
2. Now, tap on the search bar and type Philo in it.
3. Select Philo from the search results on the screen.
4. Finally, tap on Install.
Also Read: How to Download Spotify Songs without Premium
Option VII: Apple TV and iOS
1. Launch the App Store of your Apple device.
2. Now, tap on the Search tab and type Philo in the search bar.
3. Next, select Philo from the search result.
4. Then, tap on Get to download the app.
All the methods mentioned above will help you with the Philo app download on your respective devices.
Is Philo App Samsung TV Available?
Yes, Philo app for Samsung TV is available. There are plenty of streaming platforms that are available to Samsung device users. If you are unable to find the exclusive content you are looking for, Philo is the app for you. You can get the Philo app easily by downloading it from the in-house app store.
How to Do Philo App Samsung TV Download?
You can easily use and stream content on the Philo app on your Samsung TV. To do this, you must first subscribe to Philo App and then continue downloading the app on your TV by following the steps below:
1. Visit the official Philo TV website using your PC/laptop browser.
2. Click on the Start your 7-day free trial option.
3. Enter your Email or Phone Number to create your account.
4. Your email address or phone number will get a link from the Philo team; click on the received link to complete the procedure.
5. Your new account will be created by Philo TV once you click Complete Sign-Up.
6. Following the creation of your account, you will receive a 7-day free trial.
7. Next, go to the home screen of your Samsung TV.
8. Now, locate and launch the App Store.
9. Use the search bar to find Philo and select Download.
10. Use your login credentials and enjoy watching Philo on your device.
Also Read: How to Download Apps on Samsung Smart TV
How to Use Philo?
You can watch Philo content with ease once you have its subscription. Philo Connect allows users to watch Philo on their TV, Android device, iPhone, website, and others. You can easily browse the Philo app in the browser or the mobile app. You can browse saved shows, search content, and discover shows of your choice.
To know more about how to use Philo on different devices, follow the steps below:
Option I: Roku
Note: The steps performed below are the same for Fire TV and Android TV.
1. Open the Philo app on the Roku platform.
2. Launch the Philo app on your mobile device or visit the Philo website from a browser.
3. Use the same profile you use for your Wi-Fi network and Roku.
4. On the mobile device or website, tap on the casting icon.
5. Next, from the Device Picker, select your Roku device.
6. Once the casting icon turns green, start a show and start using Philo.
Option II: Chromecast
1. Connect your Chromecast and mobile device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Locate and tap on the Cast option.
Note: The cast option may be available by other names such as Smart View, Wireless Display, Miracast, or others, depending upon your device.
3. From the Device Picker, select Chromecast.
4. Once the casting icon turns green, start streaming Philo.
How to Cancel Your Philo Subscription?
Philo is a great option to watch live TV content if you have already tried Netflix and Amazon Prime. It lets you watch live content without spending too much money. It also beats other expensive services available online. However, as much as using Philo is a great binge-watching experience, you can get tired of watching it which leads to wondering how to cancel Philo.
If you want to know about the process to cancel your Philo subscription, then you can refer to our guide on How to Cancel Your Philo Subscription. It will help you cancel your subscription on different devices including the Philo website.
Also Read: How to Delete My Philo Account
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Will I be able to use Philo after canceling my subscription?
Ans. You can use Philo services after you cancel your subscription only until your billing cycle ends.
Q2. Is there a refund if I cancel my Philo subscription before the billing cycle ends?
Ans. No, Philo does not offer a refund of any partial monthly subscriptions.
Q3. Is there a free trial on Philo?
Ans. Yes, Philo offers a free trial to people who are willing to use the services. The free trial lasts for 7 days and you need to sign up using your email address and phone number for it. To use the free trial, you must enter your payment details.
Q4. Can I pause Philo?
Ans. Yes, a Philo subscription can be paused for up to 12 weeks.
Q5. Can I reactivate my Philo subscription?
Ans. Yes, you can reactivate your Philo subscription at any time which makes it quite convenient for users who are traveling and are unable to use Philo services for the time being.
- How to Find Email Associated with Instagram Account
- How to Get Paramount Plus on TV
- How to Download MyIPTV Player
- 11 Easy Solutions to Fix Apps Not Working on Samsung TV
We hope that our doc on what is Philo app is informative enough to help you guide through much-needed details on this streaming platform, how can it be downloaded, how to use it, and the process of canceling its subscription. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.