In the most recent episode of Shark Tank India Season 2, a startup formed by IITians received proposals from all Sharks. Because of their amazing concept, individual offers were made to Primebook by Vineeta Singh, Aman Gupta, Peyush Bansal, and Anupam Mittal. Finally, the Delhi-based startup, Primebook chose to secure INR 75 Lakh of funding for 3% equity from Peyush Bansal and Aman Gupta from Shark Tank.
Primebook, a laptop startup, unveiled the first-ever laptop for students, the Primebook 4G. The concept appears to be motivated by Google’s low-intensity Chromebook computers, which are intended for learners and students who do not use them for gaming, designing, or video production.
Founded in 2018 by IIT Delhi alumni Aman Verma and Chitranshu Mahant, the company has subsequently collaborated with NGOs, institutions, and EdTech firms to facilitate a smooth transition to hybrid and e-learning.
- The Primebook 4G, as the name suggests, is equipped with 4G wireless SIM connectivity.
- The brand’s customized Android 11 based operating system, PrimeOS.
- It is supposed to give rapid performance and an engaging learning experience, all credit to its MediaTek Kompanio 500 CPU.
- In fact, the Android laptop includes Mobile Device Management (MDM), which allows parents to regulate usage. They can also access history and timelines and allow safe browsing with the help of MDM.
- Primebook weighs about 1.2kg, making it portable. Furthermore, the PrimeOS comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 200 GB. It boasts an 11.6-inch display, a 2-megapixel full-HD camera for video calls, and a battery life of 12 hours when completely charged.
According to the business, this operating system is specifically built for students, and users can download millions of Android apps from the Prime Store. The laptop costs Rs. 15,000 and is readily accessible in only one configuration.
Primebook, which has a total valuation of INR 25 crore. After securing INR 75 lakhs in funding from shark tank, Primebook India founders are planning to use the money raised to expand the brand’s digital infrastructure of the Delhi-based startup and marketing tactic in a bid to reach its potential customers. Pitchers exhibited their Android laptop Primebook and explained how it differed from competitors. They stated that students might cut their educational expenses by 85% by using their laptops. As a result, the brand was created with the goal of motivating 23 crore children in India by providing them with high-end laptops at the best value ratios.
Source: Shark Tank India Twitter