Are you planning to purchase a new smartphone? Well, you must have figured out by now how you are going to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iPhone. If not, you can continue reading this guide. We understand that losing all your WhatsApp conversations with your friends and family while you are switching from an old phone to a new one can be frustrating. However, it can be challenging if you are switching from an android phone to an iOS device. You cannot use the programs that are designed in iOS for the purpose of transferring the data between your android and iOS devices. Therefore, some problems may arise when you want to restore WhatsApp backup from google drive to your iPhone. To help out, we have a guide with various methods that you use to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iPhone.
How to Restore Whatsapp Backup From Google Drive to iPhone
Can you directly restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iPhone?
Google Drive uses encryption protocols that don’t go well with the iOS operating system. This means that you cannot transfer the WhatsApp backup from Google drive to your iPhone directly. Encryption protects the data when you transfer it to your Google drive and avoids any potential cyber-attacks during the transferring process. The iOS operating system uses a different protocol of encryption than the one used by Google drive. Moreover, you cannot transfer the WhatsApp conversations from your Google Drive to iCloud storage. Therefore, in this article, you can try out the indirect ways to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iPhone.
There are some indirect ways that you can use to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iPhone:
Method 1: Use a Third-Party Tool
There is a third-party tool called Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer that you can use for managing your WhatsApp account. With this tool’s help, you can easily bypass the encryption protocols that restrict you from transferring the data directly from your google drive to your iPhone. Before we start with the procedure for this method, you can check out the features of Mobitrix WhatsApp transfer:
- With the help of this third-party application, you can transfer all your WhatsApp data between an Android device and an iOS device.
- You have the option for creating a complete backup of your device data on your computer free of cost.
- This third-party tool supports all types of Android and iOS devices. This means it supports all versions of the Android operating system and all versions of iOS firmware.
- This tool will not cause any sort of data loss on your device.
Therefore, for this method, you have to download the Mobitrix WhatsApp transfer program on your computer. You may then follow these steps.
1. The first step is to restore the WhatsApp backup to your Android Device. So if you have your WhatsApp installed on your Android Phone, you have to reinstall the application from Google Play Store by uninstalling it from the phone first.
2. When you reinstall the WhatsApp application on your phone, you will have to go through the phone number verification process. For this, you can have a look at the screenshot to set up your WhatsApp account and verify your phone number. Make sure you are typing the same phone number that you have used to create the backup.
3. Now type in your phone number, a few windows will pop up where you have to allow WhatsApp access to your contacts, media, photos, and other files.
4. Once WhatsApp detects the Google Drive Backup, you have to tap on ‘Restore.’ Make sure you tap on the Restore button and not on the Skip option. If you tap on the skip option, you will not be able to restore your messages or media later.
5. Now, wait for some time for WhatsApp to restore your backup to your device. Tap ‘Next‘ to complete the backup process.
6. After you restore the backup on your Android Device, you have to use the Mobitrix WhatsApp transfer for moving your WhatsApp data to your iPhone. You have to launch the third-party tool on your computer.
7. Click on ‘Transfer WhatsApp between devices‘ from the top-left of the screen.
8. Now use USB cables for connecting both your Android and iPhone devices to the computer. However, before connecting your iPhone device, you may have to enable the USB debugging to allow the third-party program to detect the device.
9. Once the program detects both your devices, you have to click on ‘Transfer,’ and the transferring process will begin from your Android device to your iPhone.
10. Make sure that the ‘Source‘ device is your Android device, and the ‘Destination‘ device is your iPhone.
11. Let the transferring process complete, and once it completes, you will be able to access all your WhatsApp data on your iPhone.
This was one of the methods that you can use to restore WhatsApp backup from Google drive to your iPhone. However, if you are not comfortable with this method, you can check out the next one.
Method 2: Restore WhatsApp Backup through Mail
You have the option of transferring your WhatsApp data from your Android device to your iPhone through email. As the name suggests, you have to send all your WhatsApp chats to yourself in an email attachment and thereby download everything on your iPhone.
1. Firstly, you have to restore the WhatsApp data from Google Drive to your Android phone. You can follow the first five steps of the previous method for this step.
2. After restoring the data, you have to open the WhatsApp chats that you want to transfer to your iPhone.
3. In your WhatsApp chat, you have to tap on the three vertical dots from the top right corner of the chat screen.
4. Tap on More and select the ‘Export chat‘ option.
5. A new window will pop up, where you have the option for including media in your email attachment or not. However, if you include the media, it will increase the size of the chat export. It is optional if you want to include the media or not.
6. After making your selection for including media or not, you have to select your mail app from the list of applications that pops up.
7. Enter the email address where you want to send your WhatsApp chats.
8. Finally, you can tap on the arrow icon to send the email.
Now, download these attachments on your iPhone to view the chats. The only drawback of this method is that you will not be able to access the chats on WhatsApp as the email attachments will be in TXT format.
- How to Search on Google using Image or Video
- How to Stabilize Videos on Android Phone
- 3 Ways to Send Large Video Files on WhatsApp
- How to Transfer old WhatsApp chats to your new Phone
We understand that switching to a new phone can be frustrating, especially when the devices run on different operating systems. Therefore, we hope the above guide was helpful and you were able to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iPhone easily. We hope you liked the above guide; but if you still have any queries feel free to ask them in the comment section.