AI has started a new chapter in the rivalry between Google and Microsoft. Both the tech giants are ramming heads against each other in their battle of AI, with Google having its Bard and Microsoft having the champion ChatGPT. Now Google has made its next move. Google new AI features in Gmail, Docs, and more to rival Microsoft, bringing the next generation of AI for developers and Google Workspace.
While many tech giants have been investing in AI for years, even decades, Google has been one of the front-runners in their application of AI in their tools and features. As per their latest blog and the subsequent product announcement, Google revealed what it is planning to do with its Generative AI.
Must Read: Google Announces New Features for Android and Wear OS
Google revealed in their latest blog post made on 14th March 2023 by Thomas Kurian, CEO of Google Cloud, that Google is bringing new generative AI capabilities to their Google Cloud AI portfolio to help developers and organizations access enterprise-level safety, security, and privacy, and integrate it with their existing Cloud solutions:
- Generative AI support in Vertex AI: Developers and businesses already use Google Cloud’s Vertex AI platform to build and deploy machine learning models and AI applications at scale. Google is now providing foundation models, initially for generating text and images and over time with audio and video. Google Cloud customers will now have the ability to discover models, create and modify prompts, fine-tune them with their own data, and deploy applications that use these powerful new technologies.
- Generative AI App Builder: To enable businesses and governments to build their own AI-powered chat interfaces and digital assistants, Google is introducing Generative AI App Builder, which connects conversational AI flows with out-of-the-box search experiences and foundation models — helping companies build generative AI applications in minutes or hours.
- New AI partnerships and programs: In addition to announcing new Google Cloud AI products, Google is its AI ecosystem and specialized programs for technology partners, AI-focused software providers, and startups.
Google is also adding its Generative AI features to its Workspace as well. As per their Product announcement made by Johanna Voolich Wright, the Vice President, Product, Google Workspace on 15th March 2023, revealed the new features. Now you’ll be able to:
- draft, reply, summarize, and prioritize your Gmail
- brainstorm, proofread, write, and rewrite in Docs
- bring your creative vision to life with auto-generated images, audio, and video in Slides
- go from raw data to insights and analysis via auto-completion, formula generation, and contextual categorization in Sheets
- generate new backgrounds and capture notes in Meet
- enable workflows for getting things done in Chat
Recommended: Benefits of AI in Cyber Security: Use Cases and Examples
With Google new AI Features in Gmail, Docs, and more to rival Microsoft comes the memory of the past introduction of Bard. The raging rivalry between Google and Microsoft has been a major source of entertainment for everyone interested in technology. So stay tuned with TechCult to know what happens next in AI, gadgets, and tech.
Source: Google blog