Blackmagic Design created the expert video editing and post-production program DaVinci Resolve. Because of its sophisticated features and capabilities, it is a common choice among filmmakers, television editors, and video professionals. The program comes with various tools for editing, color correction, visual effects, and audio post-production and is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems. We will make you understand what is DaVinci Resolve 17 & 18 and DaVinci Resolve system requirements. You will also learn what is DaVinci Resolve used for, DaVinci Resolve pricing, and much more. But firstly, let’s see if is DaVinci Resolve free or not. Let’s get started!
Is DaVinci Resolve Free?
Before knowing DR 18 system requirements, let us learn about DaVinci Resolve features and DaVinci Resolve pricing.
What is DaVinci Resolve Used for?
Some common uses for DaVinci Resolve 17 & 18 include:
- Film and Television Editing: It is widely used in the film and television industry for editing and post-production. Its powerful editing tools and advanced color correction capabilities make it a popular choice among editors and colorists.
- Video Production: It is also commonly used in video production, from independent films to corporate videos. The software’s advanced visual effects and motion graphics capabilities make it an excellent choice for creating high-quality videos.
- Photography: It is also used by photographers and videographers for color grading and color correction of photos and videos.
- Online Content: It is also used by YouTubers and content creators to edit and post-produce their videos.
- Post-production: It is also commonly used in the post-production and visual effects industry. The software’s advanced visual effects and compositing capabilities make it a great choice for creating high-quality VFX shots.
What are DaVinci Resolve Features?
DaVinci Resolve is a well-known video editing software with the following features:
- The software has a fully adjustable user interface that enables users to set up their workflow in a way that best suits their requirements.
- The editing module provides a large variety of tools for trimming and cutting film.
- A Fairlight audio module for advanced audio editing and mixing is also included in this.
- Users can create complex visual effects and animations using the software’s 3D compositing and motion graphics features.
- DaVinci Resolve also offers a robust collaboration feature, allowing multiple users to work on the same project simultaneously and in real-time on the Free and Studio versions.
- The software also supports a wide range of file formats, including 4K and 8K footage.
- It can export to various formats such as ProRes, H.264, and H.265.
With its comprehensive set of features and capabilities, DaVinci Resolve is considered one of the market’s most powerful video editing and post-production software.
Also Read: What are the Genshin Impact PC Requirements?
What are DaVinci Resolve System Requirements?
Before learning about whether DaVinci Resolve is free or not, let’s see what are a certain set of hardware and software required to function. The minimum and recommended DaVinci Resolve system requirements are listed below:
|Operating System||Windows 7 64-bit or later, or macOS X 10.12.6 or later||Windows 10 64-bit or later, or macOS X 10.15.6 or later|
|Processor||Intel Core i7-8700K or better||Intel Core i7-9800X or better|
|RAM||16 GB or more||32 GB or more|
|GPU||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or better with 6GB VRAM or more||NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 or better with 8GB VRAM or more|
|Disk Space||1 GB SSD or faster||1 GB SSD or faster|
|Display||1920 × 1080||3840 × 2160|
It’s also important to note that while DaVinci Resolve can work on Linux, the operating system is not officially supported, so there may be compatibility problems. These are the DR 18 system requirements.
What are the Improved Features of DaVinci Resolve 17 and 18 Versions?
DR 17 and 18 are the latest software versions, with version 18 being the most recent. Both versions offer a wide range of tools for editing, color correction, visual effects, and audio post-production, but there are some notable differences and new features in version 18.
The improved features in version 18 when compared to version 17 are listed below:
- New Cut Page: Includes new features like a customizable layout, improved media management, and enhanced keyboard shortcuts
- Improved Color Correction Tools: Offers new color wheels, color matching, and HDR grading
- New Fairlight Audio Engine: Offers improved performance and new audio effects
- Enhanced Visual Effects: Including new 3D compositing and motion graphics tools
- Improved Collaboration: Allowing for real-time collaboration with remote team members
DR 18 offers several improvements and new features over version 17, making it a more powerful and versatile video editing and post-production software. However, DR 17 is still a great option for professionals who need a powerful video editing tool and don’t need the additional features in version 18. Continue reading to learn what is DaVinci Resolve used for.
Also Read: How to Use Twixtor Plugin in After Effects
What is DaVinci Resolve Pricing?
No. DR 18 is not free, whereas version 17 was free to download.
DaVinci Resolve is available in two versions: the free version and the paid version, called Davinci Resolve Free Studio.
- The free version of this software offers many of the same features as the paid version, including advanced editing, color correction, visual effects, and audio post-production tools.
- However, the free version does have some limitations, including a lack of support for some file formats, limited output options, and a watermark on exports.
- Blackmagic Design also offers an annual subscription plan for Free Studio for $99 per year.
- DR Studio, on the other hand, offers all of the features of the free version and removes the limitations.
- It also includes 3D compositing, motion graphics, and advanced audio tools.
- The Studio costs $299 and includes one year of free updates.
In conclusion, the free version of DaVinci Resolve is a great option for hobbyists and independent filmmakers looking for a powerful video editing tool without paying for it. However, professionals and businesses who need the additional features and capabilities of DR Studio should consider purchasing the paid version or subscribing to the annual plan. Keep reading to learn about the DR review.
How is the DaVinci Resolve Review?
DaVinci Resolve has received positive reviews from users and industry professionals. Users have praised the software’s ability to handle high-resolution footage, such as 4K and 8K, and its support for many file formats.
- The software’s Fairlight audio module, which offers advanced audio editing and mixing capabilities, has also been well received.
- The new Cut page in this editing software has also been positively received, with many users praising its streamlined workflow and enhanced media management.
- However, some users have reported that the software can be challenging to learn and that the steep learning curve may put off some users.
- Additionally, some users have reported that the software can be resource-intensive and may require a powerful system to run smoothly.
- How to Enable Live Activities on iPhone (iOS 16)
- WhatsApp Introduces New Status Features
- 25 Best Adobe Premiere Pro Free Alternatives
- Is WiFi Calling Free?
We hope that you learned about whether is DaVinci Resolve free and what is the DaVinci Resolve 17 & 18 pricing. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.