In a joint effort with SAP, IBM unveils new AI Services to revolutionize tech industry. The new AI capabilities will be incorporated into SAP’s solutions, resulting in cutting-edge AI-powered insights and automation. With this partnership, IBM Watson’s advanced AI capabilities will enhance user experience and increase productivity.
IBM has announced a major milestone in the advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AI) services that are set to revolutionize the industry. The tech giant is partnering with SAP to incorporate IBM Watson technology into SAP solutions. This move is expected to provide new AI-powered insights and automation within the SAP platform, speeding up innovation and improving the user experience.
- IBM Watson technology will be embedded into SAP solutions to provide new AI-driven insights and automation.
- SAP will use IBM Watson capabilities to power its digital assistant in SAP Start, which provides a unified entry point for cloud solutions from SAP.
- New AI capabilities in SAP Start will be designed to help users boost productivity with both natural language capabilities and predictive insights.
- The capabilities are designed to help unlock employee productivity to focus on more strategic work.
- IBM Watson is already deployed by more than 100 million users across 20 industries.
- IBM and SAP are collaborating on generative AI and large language models aimed to deliver consistent continuous learning and automation based on SAP’s mission-critical application suite.
- The collaboration between IBM and SAP aims to provide SAP customers with better user experience, faster decision-making, and greater insights to help transform their business processes.
- IBM and SAP are partnering to offer 25 industry solutions that utilize IBM Watson capabilities underpinned by SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) to accelerate business transformation and make more informed decisions.
- The integration of IBM Watson AI capabilities into SAP solutions and collaboration on generative AI and large language models can help businesses enhance customer experiences, increase productivity, and drive growth.
Among all, the new AI service is IBM Watsonx which is discussed in detail below.
What is Watsonx?
IBM Watsonx is a revolutionary new platform that is changing the game when it comes to AI. It’s like having a whole team of experts right at your fingertips, providing you with all the tools you need to build top-of-the-line AI models and access cutting-edge AI services like generative models.
- IBM announced the launch of its new AI and Data platform, IBM watsonx, at IBM Think.
- Watsonx.data will be key to the new platform, providing a centralized AI development studio.
- Users will have access to proprietary IBM and open-source foundation models, watsonx.data to gather and clean their data, and a toolkit for the governance of AI. It will enable users to access their data through a single entry point and run multiple query engines across IT environments.
- It offers built-in governance, automation, and integrations with an organization’s existing databases and tools to simplify setup and user experience.
Using this, organizations can reduce data warehouse costs by up to 50% through workload optimization.
But this could also be bad news for people working at IBM because usually what follows AI integration is layoffs, like how Microsoft laid off more than 10,000 employees including their Ethics and Society team.
IBM is finally joining companies like Snapchat by integrating AI into their system. As IBM unveils new AI services, the partnership represents a significant step forward in the development of new AI technologies and is set to revolutionize the industry. With the power of IBM Watson and the expertise of SAP, the possibilities for innovation and transformation are endless.
Source: IBM Newsroom