This guide is for individuals who possess genuine reasons for creating a second WhatsApp account, and should not be used for sinister purposes. This article explains how to get a Virtual Phone Number i.e. a free number for WhatsApp verification in order to use two WhatsApp in one Android phone
How to Use Two WhatsApp in One Android Phone
How to get a Virtual Phone Number?
WhatsApp has quickly become one of the most groundbreaking achievements in communication, since the advent of SMS. In the past, cellular carriers charged a fee for texts sent via SMS, WhatsApp provides free texting services to its users. All you need is:
- a valid mobile number and
- an active internet connection.
With over a billion users, WhatsApp has toppled traditional SMS and continues to grow each day.
However, one major drawback of the app is that you can use one WhatsApp account, at a time, because your phone number can be linked to a single account only.
Why do you need a second WhatsApp account?
There can be multiple reasons why you may want to do so:
- If you don’t want to be contacted on your primary phone number by few or all contacts.
- When you don’t have a secondary number with which to create a second WhatsApp account.
- If you don’t want to create an account with your phone number for privacy concerns.
Luckily for you, there are several apps that provide you with a burner number using which you can set up a secondary WhatsApp account. Such apps also eliminate the need for verification OTP which is usually sent to the registered mobile number. The same is received by the app instead.
How to use free number for WhatsApp verification?
Option 1: Through mobile apps
There is no shortage of apps available on the Google Play Store that claim to provide users with a fake, free number for WhatsApp verification. However, most of this falls short in terms of usability, reliability, and functionality. One trustworthy app is 2ndLine. Here’s how to get a virtual phone number using the 2nd Line:
1. Launch Google Play Store. Search and download 2nd Line.
2. Open the app and sign-in with your email ID and password.
3. You will be asked to enter a 3-digit Area Code. For example, 201, 320, 620, etc. Refer given pic for clarity.
4. You will be provided a list of available fake phone numbers, as shown.
5. Tap on any of the available numbers and confirm your selection. This number is now allocated to you.
6. Grant required permissions to 2nd Line to make or receive calls and messages.
Once you have selected and confirmed your secondary number, do the following:
7. Open WhatsApp and select the country whose code you used while generating the fake number.
8. Proceed to the phone number prompt screen. Copy your number from the 2nd Line app and paste it on the WhatsApp screen,
9. Tap Next.
10. WhatsApp will send a verification code to the entered number. You will receive this code via the 2nd Line app.
Note: If you receive an error message, select the Call Me option and wait to receive a call or voicemail via WhatsApp.
Once the verification code or verification call is received, you will be allowed to use WhatsApp with your fake number. In this way, you will have an extra WhatsApp for your business or work-related conversations.
Also Read: How to Change Font Style in WhatsApp
Option 2: Through websites
Apps that provide secondary burner numbers are prone to being geo-restricted, from time to time. Owing to the anonymity gained with fake numbers, and the possibility of misuse, these apps are often removed from the Play Store. In case you face these problems with 2nd Line app, try this alternative:
1. In your web browser, go to sonetel.com
2. Here, click on Try Free, as shown below.
3. The website will automatically generate a fake number. Click Next.
4. Fill in the required details, such as your email ID, primary phone number, etc.
5. You will receive a verification code on your primary phone number. Type it when prompted.
6. Once verified, the fake number generated in Step 3 is allotted to you.
7. Exit the webpage.
8. Now repeat Steps 7 to 10 of the previous method to use two WhatsApp in one Android phone.
Note: The free version only reserves the phone number for a period of seven days, after which it may get allotted to someone else. For the number to be permanently reserved, you will be required to pay a monthly membership fee of $2.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1. How to use Whatsapp with a fake number?
You can get yourself a fake WhatsApp number through a number of apps on the Google Play Store or through web pages. We recommend the 2nd Line app or Sonotel website.
Q2. How to get fake free number for WhatsApp verification?
Once you have entered the allotted fake number on WhatsApp, the verification code or verification call is received via the app or website from which you were allotted your fake number. Thus, the verification process is completed automatically.
- How to Export WhatsApp Chat as PDF
- How to use WhatsApp without a Phone Number
- How to Check if someone is Online on Whatsapp without going Online
- How to Download Android Apps Not Available in Your Country
We hope you were able to understand how to use two WhatsApp in one Android phone with our helpful guide. If you have any queries or suggestions, drop them in the comment section.