You can easily use ChatGPT on your Mac by making use of the MacGPT app. MacGPT has been developed by Jordi Bruin. It is a native application for macOS that lets people gain access to ChatGPT from their menu bar proficiently and effortlessly. So, now you can interact with ChatGPT in just a few clicks. In this article, we will discuss how to download ChatGPT Mac and how to use ChatGPT on Mac. So, stay tuned with us to learn how can I run ChatGPT on Mac.
Table of Contents
How to Use ChatGPT on Mac
So, can I run ChatGPT on Mac? Yes. You can use the MacGPT app to use ChatGPT on your macOS device. You will get to know how to use ChatGPT on Mac further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
To use ChatGPT on a Mac device, you will first have to download it from the MacGPT website and then log in with your OpenAI credentials.
Also Read: Apple Ecosystem Gets AI with MacGPT and watchGPT Apps
How to Download ChatGPT Mac?
After learning how to use ChatGPT on Mac, now let’s discuss how to download ChatGPT. To learn how to download, follow the steps given below:
Note: This app supports macOS Monterey and Ventura and its size is 3MB.
1. Visit the MacGPT website on your desired browser.
2. Enter the 0 (Zero) value in the price box to get MacGPT for free or leave a desired donation to support the creator.
3. Then, click on the I want this! option to navigate to the download page to use ChatGPT on Mac.
4. Enter your email address and click on Get to start the download.
You will get a receipt in your email about the purchase of the product, despite of if you donated or not.
Also Read: Where Do Downloads Go on iPhone?
How to Sign in or Register for MacGPT?
MacGPT is just ChatGPT in a Mac ecosystem. After the ChatGPT welcome window opens, you would be given the option to either login or sign up for ChatGPT.
- If you have an OpenAI account, you can make use of your OpenAI credentials to use ChatGPT.
- You can also make use of your Microsoft or Google account to log in and finish the setup.
Note: If two-factor authentication is turned on these sign-in methods, you will have to authenticate with an app or a security token.
How to Use ChatGPT on Mac?
As you know, MacGPT loads the ChatGPT chat interface in a web browser. To gain insights on how to use ChatGPT, keep reading.
1. Enter your OpenAI credentials to log in to MacGPT.
2. Click on the menu bar icon to begin a discussion or conversation.
In the 1.15 version, various things are released, like the new app icon, fixed design bugs and flickering issues, and enhanced formatting of answers. And you can make use of the ChatGPT right with help of the ChatGPT API with your own OpenAI API key. You can download MacGPT for free, but you can also pay some money to support Bruin’s work.
- How to Fix iPhone Home Button Not Working
- 21 Best Free Plagiarism Checker
- How to Integrate ChatGPT into Microsoft Word
- Fix Chat GPT 403 Forbidden Error
We hope that you learned about how to use ChatGPT on Mac. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.