Copyright is a term that everyone is aware of, but when we discuss the copyright symbol, a big question mark arises. It is because many of us are unaware of the copyright symbol. Also, you cannot use it on your protected works as you will not find this symbol on your keyboard. But if you want to use the symbol on your PC then our article on how to type copyright symbol in Windows 10 is going to be a perfect guide for you.
How to Type Copyright Symbol in Windows
Copyright symbol in Windows is mostly used for protected works, ensuring their credibility. While there isn’t a dedicated symbol or key on the keyboard to add the copyright symbol, there are different ways in which you can add it. Let us explore more about copyright and its use in Windows below.
To type copyright symbol in Windows, use shortcuts:
1. Press Alt and type 0169.
2. In MS Word, press Ctrl + Alt + C.
What is Copyright Symbol?
The copyright symbol is a special character that looks like ©. This symbol is used for protected works. This symbol is easily recognizable and known for its credibility. Continue reading the article to learn about the use of the copyright symbol on keyboard Windows 10.
How to Type Copyright Symbol Windows
You can use different methods to add a copyright symbol in MS Word, MS Excel, or anywhere else using your Windows keyboard. These methods are listed down below.
Note: The following methods were performed on Microsoft Word on a Windows 10 computer. The settings options may vary depending on the version of Word you use.
Method 1: Use Shortcuts
There are two shortcuts that you can use for the copyright symbol on the keyboard in Windows 10. We have listed them down one by one.
- You need to press the Alt key and type 0169 using the numeric keypad on the right-hand side of the keyboard.
- While using MS Word, you can get the copyright symbol by pressing the Ctrl + Alt + C keys on your keyboard.
The shortcuts are easy to use, but we have also brought you other advanced methods. These methods might be helpful when you need to use the copyright symbol regularly.
Method 2: Use Character Map
Using a character map is another easy method to type a copyright symbol. Follow the below-mentioned steps to see how to type the copyright symbol in Windows using a character map.
1. Type a Character map on the search bar of your Windows computer.
2. Click on the Character Map app to open it.
3. Click on the Advanced view checkbox to get more options.
4. Type copyright in the search box and click on the Search option.
5. Double-click on the copyright symbol to select it.
6. Now, click on the Copy option to copy the copyright symbol.
7. Paste the copyright symbol wherever required.
Method 3: Use Insert Symbol
This is another method that you can use to type the copyright symbol on MS Word. Though this method is also simple, it is a little more complicated than the methods mentioned above. However, you can still give it a try by following the steps that are listed below:
1. Open MS Word on your desktop.
2. Click on the INSERT tab.
3. Click on the Symbols option towards the right-hand side of the screen.
4. Click on Symbols > More Symbols, and find and select the copyright symbol.
5. Now, click on the Insert option.
Method 4: Use AutoCorrect in MS Word
The copyright symbol can also be inserted using the AutoCorrect feature of MS Word. Using the AutoCorrect feature requires you to use a code for the copyright symbol. It can be any relatable code, for example, CRS, CPRS, etc. Therefore, when you type the assigned code, you will automatically get the copyright symbol. Follow the below-mentioned steps to get started with the method:
1. Open MS Word on your desktop.
2. Click on the INSERT > Symbols > Symbol > More Symbols.
3. Find and select the copyright symbol in the symbols window that will open up.
4. Click on the AutoCorrect option on the left-hand side corner of the screen.
5. Type the code that you want to assign under Replace.
6. Now, click on Add.
7. Click on OK.
8. Now close these tabs, return to the working area, and type the assigned code.
9. Press Enter to get the copyright symbol. From here, you easily use this Autocorrection wherever required.
You can also copy and paste this symbol accordingly. You can use these methods to insert the copyright symbol on keyboard Windows 10.
- Fix IMAX Enhanced Disney Plus Not Working
- How to Insert Equation in Word
- How to Add Arrows, Superscript and Symbols in Google Docs
- How to Insert a Line in Word
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to learn about how to type copyright symbol Windows. Let us know if you liked the article and which method worked for you the best. If you have any queries or suggestions, please drop them in the comments section below.