Netizens often insist that screenshots are some of the most useful things in their lives. This feature helps them in capturing the whole or only a portion of a screen as per their requirement. Moreover, they can make the necessary adjustments and share the screenshot with someone else. However, if you are a beginner, then you might be wondering how to take Screenshots Mac. If so, continue reading to also find out where do screenshots go on Mac and how to take a screen shot on Mac.
Table of Contents
How to Take Screenshots on Mac
Whether you are gossiping with your friends or sharing a hidden gem you found on the internet, screenshots can be a savior. You can use them for literally anything ranging from enhancing cooperation among employees to demonstrating how to perform something. Read this article till the end to know how to capture and paste a screenshot on Mac.
You can capture screenshots on Mac in three different ways, using the following keyboard shortcuts:
1. Press Shift + Command + 3 to capture the whole screen.
2. Press Shift + Command + 4 to capture a portion.
3. Press Shift + Command + 4 + Spacebar to capture a specific window or menu.
Where Do Screenshots Go on Mac?
You might often wonder where do screenshots go on Mac. To your surprise, screenshots are automatically saved to your Mac desktop. They are saved as screenshot date followed by time in PNG file format. In some newer Mac models, you can alter the default location of saved screenshots. Apart from this, another option is to manually drag the saved image to a folder.
Also Read: Where Do Downloads Go on iPhone?
How to Take a Screen Shot on Mac?
MacBook screenshot shortcut depends on the model you are using. Nonetheless, you can use the below-mentioned shortcuts to learn how to take a screen shot on Mac.
- Simply press Shift + Command + 3 keys together to capture the whole screen.
- You can also use Shift + Command + 4 keys combination to capture a portion.
- Shift + Command + 4 + Spacebar keys combination is useful to capture a specific window or menu.
How to Paste Screenshot on Mac?
Once you have the desired screenshot on Mac, you may want to copy and paste it somewhere else. For this, you need to know how to paste screenshot on Mac. There are two ways so let us take a look at them one by one.
Method 1: Click and Drag Screenshot
The first method is more quick and lets you skip a few steps like saving and then copy pasting the screenshot.
1. Press Shift + Command + 3 keys to take a screenshot.
Note: This will automatically save the screenshot on your desktop.
2. Next, click and drag the screenshot from desktop to another window where you want to Paste it.
It is how to take screenshots Mac and paste them.
Also Read: How to Crop a Screenshot on Mac
Method 2: Use Clipboard
This method lets you utilize clipboard and paste the screenshot anywhere you want.
1. Press and hold Shift + Command + CTRL + 4 keys together.
2. Drag the crosshair to select and capture only a portion of the screen.
3. Next, press Command + V keys to Paste it.
- Can You Permanently Delete a Steam Account?
- How to Invert Colors on iPhone Photos
- How to Screen Record on Mac
- How to Take an iPhone Screenshot Without Buttons
We hope that you learned about how to take screenshots Mac with MacBook screenshot shortcut. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.